Did everyone practice today?

izzyhara

Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:48 pm

I realized that I had gotten so caught up in the forum, and watching the videos and cruising around the site - well, I hadn't even played for a couple of days. Now that just defeats the ultimate purpose, right?
Even though I have been playing for many years (many MANY years cuz you all might remember from my intro that I am OLD !!), I tuned into the Beginner Lessons. It gave me something to focus on - otherwise I have been so scattered, wanting to play everything I see. Good refresher. After doing a few of those, I then played the classical guitar a little bit - trying to make sure I remember some songs I learned to play 20 years or so ago. Then I read a few tab songs, just to refresh my memory. Two or three hours later, my fingertips hurt, I am having a cup of coffee, and watching some snow flurries.
So I hope everyone else gets a chance to "get lost in their music" today. I sure enjoyed my time, and can't wait to share even my rusty songs with you all.
Catch ya later.... Izzy

lmc831

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi Izzy,

I know how u feel. I read the forum more than I pick up my guitar lately. And when I start playing again, my fingers get sore. I have to take a break and there I am again reading the forum! Oh well, its great to check in and say hello. Glad u are here with us. Look forward to your videos. As soon as I can purchase a camcorder, I will try to make a video. It is warm and and sunny here in Texas. Would love to see Snow here in Austin, but I dont think its gonna happen. Ok, now I will go back and play on on guitar. Have a nice day.

Lisa

BigBear

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:09 pm

Now you're falling into our trap!!! lol! We all spend waaaaaay too much time on this forum and not enough time practicing. Ask Tony, it's driving him nuts! You are definately fitting in with all us forum-addicts!

My wife and 19 year-old daughter just left for the mall so I have at least a couple of hours of quiet before they return. What a relief! I'm so excited to go practice right now!

Remember every mental health profressional worth their salt says you need at least one hour every day for yourself. Coincidently, that is just about right for practicing the guitar. Go figure!

I'm gone! Cheers Izzy! :cheer:

tovo

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:17 pm

BigBear wrote:
Now you're falling into our trap!!! lol! We all spend waaaaaay too much time on this forum and not enough time practicing. Ask Tony, it's driving him nuts!
WHATEVER you say Bear...I'm not messing with a guy who makes Andre the Giant look small!

It sure is a trap for young players Izzy! I'm learning to balance the forum and my practice time, jammed with a mate who is a much better player for about 4 hours yesterday, played 2 hours this morning already and it's 8:30am in my neck of the woods. Being an early riser helps.

My main problem isn't finding time for guitar...and the forum...it's everything else that suffers!

Izzy I'm looking forward to seeing your first video, I have a feeling it's going to be worth the look. Cheers.

suziko

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:22 pm

I agree that the social aspect of this site can be a major distraction (though a fun one, I'll admit!) from practicing. I try to practice somewhere around 2 hours every day during the week, and at least 1 hour each weekend day. I'm usually pretty good at hitting that, though weekends are harder since they're filled with family time. On the flip side, the social aspect of TG has encouraged me to push myself more in my practice, because I am always eager to show my TG friends what this site has taught me.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:33 pm

... you mean you guys have found the log out button.... where is it!

BigBear

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:37 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
... you mean you guys have found the log out button.... where is it!
I think we all need the ! STOP- TOO MANY POSTS IN ONE DAY!! warning light!!!

izzyhara

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:37 pm

lol

AndyT

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:38 pm

There is a logout button?? Imagine that.

I've been doing really well so far this year. I've done at least an hour every day of practice, more often 2 or 3. That's a major reason I've not been as active in the forum.

dekotaj

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:44 pm

I here what your saying,I was playing 4-6 hr. a day till i found the (recent discussion) button on my christmas vacation.Now im lucky if I play 4-6 hr. a week.But for me the up side is I type a heck of a lot faster than every thought I would,Ive learned more about this computer than i had in 10 years.And this is no lie,Ive have Shoot soda pop out my noise laughing so hard at some of the threads i have read on this site. :blush: :blush: So as thay say Got to take the good with the bad.

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic