Taylor 414ce 2009 Fall Limited on Layaway

mcfingers

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:37 pm

I was bored and had time. That's a bad combination for me. Soooo, I went down to the local music store to check out and play some guitars and see if I was missing anything. Ooops, bad move. I found a lovely new Taylor 414ce Limited Rosewood that just grabbed me and wouldn't let go. It was hypnotic and cast a spell on me and before I new it I had it safely on layaway. When I came back to my senses, all I could do was smile from ear to ear and repeat over and over, Saweet!
By the time I had gotten home I had totally justified my new purchase with the fact that I have a birthday next month. I told my wife and when she asked how much?, I just smiled and told her that wasn't important, what was important was it sounded so awesome. After 35 years of marriage she just rolled her eyes and smiled.....
Saweet!

6stringbostic

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:48 pm

lucky man!

haoli25

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:57 pm

Steve, you made a very wise investment. I bought a 414CE just a few months ago and I still find it difficult to put it down. They sound great too! Congratulations!

Bill

mcfingers

Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:30 am

Hey thanks Bill,
Always good to here a first hand how much someone likes something. I have been eying a 414ce for about 4 months now. I tried several others as well, a 510, and 714 but I kept coming back to the 414 and then today when I played the Limited it was over.

Cheers

Music Junkie

Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:48 am

Congrats! I am hoping to escape for a trip down to San Diego and make a tour of the factory in a month or so..... What made you decide on this model?

MJ

mcfingers

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:26 am

Thanks MJ,
About 2 years ago I bought my first Taylor, a 110. I had played a Martin for many years. My first good quality guitar, my Martin 00018 was purchased in the early 1970's and I love that guitar. The Taylor 110 had an amazing feel and tone to it. I immediately fell in love with it. About 4 months ago I was in our local music store and I was just trying different Taylor guitars, some in the 700 series, the 500 & 300 series, and then I tried a 414ce. I instantly loved the sound and the easy action. It just played like a dream and the body shape, with the pinched in middle, felt really good too. Not that the other higher priced Taylor's played badly, it was just that this 414ce was the sound I liked the best. Plus, the store discounted it another $120 and that sealed the deal.
I have read other reviews and it seemed that many other people had had the same experience as I when it came to 414ce. They just liked the sound better than the others. It is definitely a personal preference, which is why I always recommend that people actually play a guitar before the buy one.
Also, I was looking for an electric-acoustic guitar and I have heard nothing but great things about the expression system in the Taylor's. There are many wonderful guitars out there, I just happened to find a Taylor that really had a sound I liked and that was all she wrote.

Cheers,
Steve

tovo

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:49 am

Congratulations Steve on the purchase. Now you can spend all your time stashing $100 here and $100 there to pay it off as quickly as possible! I have the 410ce and love it, I'm sure you will be loving the 414 long after you have gotten over the price. Also sounds like you married a very understanding woman. Kudos for that decision as well mate. Enjoy your guitar when you pick it up. As you said...saweet!

Music Junkie

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:25 am

tovo wrote:
Congratulations Steve on the purchase. Now you can spend all your time stashing $100 here and $100 there to pay it off as quickly as possible! I have the 410ce and love it, I'm sure you will be loving the 414 long after you have gotten over the price. Also sounds like you married a very understanding woman. Kudos for that decision as well mate. Enjoy your guitar when you pick it up. As you said...saweet!
Thanks for the info. Maybe they will have a lefty model to test drive at the factory.......lol I might have to find a way to get one!

MJ

mcfingers

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:02 am

Thanks Tovo, Good news is I can go down to the store and play it anytime I want. They are my new best friends. :laugh:

mcfingers

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:04 am

MJ,
I am sure they will be glad to fit you for a lefty, no problem. Enjoy your tour. It's on my list too.

All the best,
Steve

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic