Taylor 414ce 2009 Fall Limited on Layaway

MarkM

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:11 am

Steve,

Very nice guitar indeed. I've played one in teh store as well. Nice combination of wood in the 4XX line. I hope you pick it up soon so we can get a look and listen to it here.

MarkM

ktyevols

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:43 am

Congratulations.....what you got was basically a guitar with the same wood that is used in the 814ce....that's why they call it a limited edition. I was looking at the same guitar before Christmas but it got sold before I could buy the limited edition......however, I was at the same local music store last week and was able to purchase a used 814ce in mint condition for the same money....talk about being in heaven......the 814ce is everything you have heard it to be.....the sound is awesome....I previously had A Taylor 310 and there is simply no comparison between the 2 guitars......so congratulations again on your purchase.....you made a wise choice.....Ken

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:12 pm

the 814ce is everything you have heard it to be.....the sound is awesome...
I can second that, played one on Friday in my favourite guitar shop. Wow. Price was wow too over $7'000.00. Tried out a Gibson Hummingbird, some special edition Martins and landed back at those beautiful BSGs specifically a D33F Rio Rosewood.... just heaven!

mcfingers

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:24 pm

Thanks guys,
I can't wait to really give it a workout. It truly is a beautiful guitar. All I need now is a digicam so I can make some videos. I haven't got a clue about what kind to get. Hopefully somethng that is easy to upload to the forum.
I have been very impress with all of those who have posted a video of themselves and their playing. Kudos to you all.

Steve

goldleaf

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:40 pm

Congratulations, Steve, I was down in San Diego, actually El Cajon to visit family in August last year and I did take the time to go on the factory tour. It was really awesome to see the cut wood that they buy, all different types, drying out & waiting to be turned into some beautiful guitars. I was really interesting to see what they do with machines and some of the things they still do by hand because they haven't come with a better way, like putting on the binding they do by hand. Ask why, told me it just required the human touch and abilty, same with several other steps. I got to go into one of their playing rooms in the lobby and play for awhile before the tour. Get there early if you go anyone. I saw a 614 or 514 ce can't remember, but it was finished in a tobacco sunburst which they do by hand. Don't usually go for the sunburst but this one was just beautiful, didn't even ask the price. Actually I think it's only an additional $150 but almost have to special order it. You must have some great patience Steve, anyway happy playing and look forward to seeing it. Look on our Tech forum for the latest in affordable videocams. Gary

mcfingers

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:53 pm

Hey Thanks Gary,
I will check out the tech forum for camera info.

I feel like a bit of a dummy here. I realized today that the limited I purchased is not a Rosewood limited as the 2009 Limited info states, but it's a solid Koa back and sides limited. Which, I think is even cooler. I only played this particular 414 for about 45 minutes and I was so taken with the feel and sound I really didn't check out the woods or specs. I do remember now that the sales gal did ask me if I noticed any difference between the standard 414 and the Koa wood in the limited..... Light goes on! Duh.
I did give it the once over and thought "Wow, this is a really cool looking guitar." But, then my mind wandered back to playing and then it before I knew it the store was closing and I wanted to secure the guitar with a down payment. I am going back tomorrow to play and check it out in more detail. I will take a picture while I'm there and post it.

Thanks again to everyone for you kind support and here's to hard callouses,

Steve

6stringbostic

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:09 pm

hey mcfingers - is this the guitar you played with your recent "imagine" post? how do you like the koa wood? is it still good after over a month of playing? any buyers remorse? interested to hear how it's going for you. - 6string

waggis

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:08 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
the 814ce is everything you have heard it to be.....the sound is awesome...
I can second that, played one on Friday in my favourite guitar shop. Wow. Price was wow too over $7'000.00. Tried out a Gibson Hummingbird, some special edition Martins and landed back at those beautiful BSGs specifically a D33F Rio Rosewood.... just heaven!
High Chris. What shop did you visit? The Swiss are crazy :S to price the guitars so high, thats why I'm bringing a Taylor home with me when I visit California in June. I have my nephew returning with me to visit for the summer who will claim it is his guitar and I will avoid paying customs.

David

mcfingers

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:57 pm

6stringbostic wrote:
hey mcfingers - is this the guitar you played with your recent "imagine" post? how do you like the koa wood? is it still good after over a month of playing? any buyers remorse? interested to hear how it's going for you. - 6string
Yes, that was the guitar in Imagine. I love that guitar more and more every day. Every time I pick it up and strum or pick something I love the sound and the feel. My only regret is that I didn't find it sooner. I was just in a Guitar Center store over the weekend and I played several high end Martin's, Gibson's and other Taylor guitars. I couldn't say any of them played better than my 414. In fact I was disappointed in how most of the sounded.

Nope, no buyers remorse here, none, nada, zip, zero, zilch.

Steve

izzyhara

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:25 pm

Oh my gosh !!! It's guitar love !!! That's the best and I am really excited for you. As I was discussing with Michele the other day, we on this site are getting more astute and smart about our instrument choices - probably because we talk about it all day every day with each other. So if something drops into your hands that feels like a part of you, it should be yours. You have a good wife too.... god bless her for those rolled eyes and smile. Izzy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic