Taylor 414ce 2009 Fall Limited on Layaway

TGMatt

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:07 pm

Steve - That's funny because I attended the Taylor Guitars "Road Show" today here in Jacksonville. They had some guys from the factory showing off all the models and describing the various tonewoods and construction. One of the guys, Mike, was an incredible guitarist and played every one of them including their new solid body electric. For a production guitar builder they seem to put some very nice craftsmanship into their guitars. I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase and if you ever get a chance to attend one of these road shows its definitely worth the time. Happy Pickin'

- Catfish

mcfingers

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:45 pm

Thanks Izzy, We've been together for almost 35 years so we know each other pretty well by now.

Catfish, funny you should mention the Road Show because I am going to one in 8 days on the 30th. I am looking forward to it.

Thanks, Steve

6stringbostic

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:17 am

thanks for the update mcf! great to hear you love the thing that much! i have a guild dc1nt that i absolutely love - bought way back in 1995 time frame. i go play $2k to $3k guitars in stores and i've not found one yet that i've fallen "in love" with the sound. i've found many that i think look cool as all get out, but none that satisfies me more than my guild that i paid maybe $800 for new. however, i'm always looking (aren't we all?). lately i've been looking a lot at taylors. i like the look of the koa - haven't really zeroed in on too much but i think i like the 14ce - just before i actually buy anything i'll have to compare bunch of them together (i don't live far from taylor factory! about 100miles) and against my current axe. should be a fun process... 8-)

btw, what is the diff between say the 414, 614, 714, etc? is this just quality of wood and things like decorative inlays, bindings, etc?

wadestar

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:52 am

Looking for a pic! I need the pic to complete the pic lol

wadestar

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:58 am

Just buy a Seagull and be happy lol

Catman

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:56 am

6stringbostic wrote:
btw, what is the diff between say the 414, 614, 714, etc? is this just quality of wood and things like decorative inlays, bindings, etc?
The diferences between to 300, 400, 500, 600, and 700 series are mainly in the tonewood selection. 800 and 900 also get fancier acoutrements and decorations.

You can see all the details you want (and more) in http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitarguid ... rGuide.pdf, starting on page 56

David

dennisg

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:47 am

6stringbostic wrote:
thanks for the update mcf! great to hear you love the thing that much! i have a guild dc1nt that i absolutely love - bought way back in 1995 time frame. i go play $2k to $3k guitars in stores and i've not found one yet that i've fallen "in love" with the sound. i've found many that i think look cool as all get out, but none that satisfies me more than my guild that i paid maybe $800 for new. however, i'm always looking (aren't we all?). lately i've been looking a lot at taylors. i like the look of the koa - haven't really zeroed in on too much but i think i like the 14ce - just before i actually buy anything i'll have to compare bunch of them together (i don't live far from taylor factory! about 100miles) and against my current axe. should be a fun process... 8-)

400 series is made from ovangkol
600 is maple
700 is rosewood

Go directly to Taylor factory. Take tour. Play demo guitars. Remove credit card from wallet. Give to nice lady at cash register. Wait two weeks. Repeat.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:09 am

High Chris. What shop did you visit? The Swiss are crazy to price the guitars so high, thats why I'm bringing a Taylor home with me when I visit California in June. I have my nephew returning with me to visit for the summer who will claim it is his guitar and I will avoid paying customs.
David
Waggis, you know how it is here, you can't buy a basic anything. All cars start at one notch below luxury level as do the prices. That's the price we pay living in one of the richest countries in the world. I love the assumption that we all have the money to afford luxury everything, like we are all directors at CS or UBS!

The guitar shop I was referring to is Die Gitarre in WInterthur. You HAVE to go and try out all those lovely guitars. The have their own Brazilian rosewood and you can order, for example, a BSG made with that wood. http://www.diegitarre.ch/

By the way, I'll forward your post to Schweizer Zollamt, just so the can welcome you home properly in June! ;-) Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic