Need another guitar!

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:35 pm

Naw, Fred, you've got to go for a beautiful, must have, love-of-your-life, brand new life-long best-friend of a guitar for not less than $2'000.00. What did you spend all those years looking in peoples mouths for and how long do you intend to live still? Forever? Get a grip! :-)

Man I feel for you, I've got the 12 string down in DADDAD and it's not moving from there for a while..... need a new 6 string too!

tovo

Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:36 pm

BigBear wrote:
Fred- You coward!! Just march right in and tell Mrs. Hasben that you want a new Taylor guitar and its $3,500 and you don't want to hear any guff about it!! You're the man of the house and you need a new guitar!!
Oh yeah! :laugh:

Fred Takamine make some really solid lower end guitars that have great sound for a low price. No electrics obviously but that doesn't matter.
Good luck with it. I am tracking a Taylor 814ce on ebay right now and I'm very seriously contemplating Bear's frontal assault tactics on Mrs Tovo. It's been nice knowing y'all.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:38 pm

Tony, as I said in a recent thread, I played one of those last week and it was just beautiful... but over $7'000.00! Hope you get the best deal ever!

suziko

Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:40 pm

I'm very seriously contemplating Bear's frontal assault tactics on Mrs Tovo. It's been nice knowing y'all.

Don't you boys know you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar? Though I guess it depends on what Tony means by a "frontal assault."

haoli25

Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:44 pm

suziko wrote:
Don't you boys know you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar?

Thanks Suzi. I could have used that advice 20 years ago!!!

Bill Image

MarkM

Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:46 pm

tovo wrote:
BigBear wrote:
Fred- You coward!! Just march right in and tell Mrs. Hasben that you want a new Taylor guitar and its $3,500 and you don't want to hear any guff about it!! You're the man of the house and you need a new guitar!!
Oh yeah! :laugh:

Fred Takamine make some really solid lower end guitars that have great sound for a low price. No electrics obviously but that doesn't matter.
Good luck with it. I am tracking a Taylor 814ce on ebay right now and I'm very seriously contemplating Bear's frontal assault tactics on Mrs Tovo. It's been nice knowing y'all.

I know of the guitar you are tracking.... :) :) :) Very nice indeed. Sad to say I'm not in the bidding.

As for another guitar, I'm in the same boat. For me though I'm going to save a few pennies and maybe after TAX time I'll grab something. I want to make sure I'll be as happy to play that as I am with what I have now. I've been down the road many times in the past getting something stricktly out of budget needs and was dissapointed just about every time. I feel the guitar no matter how expensive or inexpensive it is has a great deal affect on my playing it.

With that said if you really have to stay at $350 then I would go with the EBAY route or go to a few guitar shops. They may know of something that may be coming in for a trade. Maybe a Taylor 110 or something of that level would do the trick.

MarkM

hasben

Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:47 pm

BigBear wrote:

Who am I kidding? If I did that all my stuff, including my guitars, would be out in the driveway within an hour!!! :laugh:

Good luck buddy! $350 may be cutting it close. If you could swing $500 the options start to open up for new guitars. Take a hard look at Seagull, the best value in real guitars out there. But for $350 I'd go Craigslist or eBay. You'll get more for your money.

Cheers! :cheer:
Bearzie, you obviously don't know Mrs. Hasben! (All Everything basketball player-- back in the day-- with an attitude) And I know this is the unofficial Taylor web site; but I have no appology for my plain-jane dred, she sounds good. I have checked craigslist, but haven't found any good deals yet. See, I have to "save" up out of my beer money. :laugh: In the meantime I will work on trying to convince Mrs. Hasben, Cee, that I really need TWO guitars when she-- better than anyone-- knows I can't even play one.
Fred

hasben

Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:55 pm

suziko wrote:
I'm very seriously contemplating Bear's frontal assault tactics on Mrs Tovo. It's been nice knowing y'all.

Don't you boys know you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar? Though I guess it depends on what Tony means by a "frontal assault."
Tried that Suzi, as well as other "assaults" but I don't think it's gonna do me any good. Women-- as I see it-- have a predisposed inablility to transcribe; there seems to be a certain tone deafness there. :laugh:

Moondog

Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:58 pm

hasben wrote:
Moondog wrote:
I recently bought a Taylor "Big Baby" the sound is good and the price was right.

Mike
Mike, thanks, but the best deal I saw online was around 600. Outside the budget buddy. BTW: Your user name-- Moondog-- is interesting. I had an "old lady" back 69-70 named Moonmuffin. Any relation?
Less than $450 from American Musical Supply

I learned along time ago that it was easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Nope no Moonmuffins in my family tree (as far as I know)

Mike

scotta

Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:14 pm

Hey Fred! Try checking out a Breedlove. I just went through the shopping on a budget thing myself, and finally decided on a Breedlove C250/CM electric-acoustic at guitar center. I really like this guitar. In my hands it felt better than equally priced Takamines and as good as entry level Martin's. At 499.00 it's a little more than you wanted to spend, but they also make this one in a travel size for 399.00. I also saw a C200/SMP for 299.00. This is a full size with no electronics. I didn't try this one out but after playing my new one for a while, I would think it's worth looking at. Good luck!

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic