Talor 414ce Limited Layaway......Well, that didn't last long.

mcfingers

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:07 pm

As you may know, the other day I posted that I had placed a Taylor 414ce Limited Edition guitar on layaway in anticipation of my upcoming birthday.
Today, when I went to the music store to see and play my new sweetheart I couldn't resist and just went ahead and brought it home. Patience has never big a strong point for me. Man O man, am I glad I did. It sounds and plays even better than it did in the store. I had to write this post right now because my fingers will be bleeding later. Ha!
Here are a couple of pics of my new baby.
Cheers,
Steve

I found out that it's not Koa wood per se, but Tasmanian Blackwood which is even cooler. It is a member of the Koa family. How cool is "Tasmanian" Blackwood. I have never ever heard of this wood but it's sound properties are really excellent. At least to my ears.

Here a pic of the back and the Tasmanian Blackwood with the Maple mini-wedge.

Here is a close up of the abalone rosette. I has a really pretty Maple binding all around the top. It's a really good looking instrument.
Thanks for bearing with me.

MarkM

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:11 pm

That is a might fine guitar there. Congratulations!!! I can't wait to hear it.

MarkM

reiver

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:13 pm

I have a review of that very model from a UK guitar magazine and they could hardly have praised it more highly. You are a lucky man......

r

mcfingers

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:35 pm

Thanks Mark,
I am feeling pretty lucky right about now.

Reiver,
Thank for the info on the review. That's very nice to know and gratifying.
BTW, you have excellent taste in movie quotes. Princess Bride is one of my all time favorite movies and I mean it..... Anyone want a peanut?

Cheers,
Steve

tom18

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:47 pm

Steve,
Congratulations on the new addition to the family! You mentioned 'Princess Bride' in your last post. I've never seen that movie but I've heard excerpts of its soundtrack on Mark Knopfler's album 'Screenplaying.' Perhaps we could hope that some of that great music finds its way into a lesson sometime. Knopfler's 'Wild Theme' anyone?
Tom

tom18

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:48 pm

Steve,
Congratulations on the new addition to the family! You mentioned 'Princess Bride' in your last post. I've never seen that movie but I've heard excerpts of its soundtrack on Mark Knopfler's album 'Screenplaying.' Perhaps we could hope that some of that great music finds its way into a lesson sometime. Knopfler's 'Wild Theme' anyone?
Tom

litlfeat

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:01 pm

Very nice acquisition!

Not to long ago I added a 2004 Taylor 814ce Limited (cocobolo)to my guitar stable. It too plays like a dream.

I'm sure you will get many years of satisfaction from this beautiful guitar.

http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/li ... 9/Cocobolo

haoli25

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:15 pm

Congratulations Steve. What a beauty! I wish you many, many happy hours of playing.

Bill

mcfingers

Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:19 am

Thanks Tom, I agree, a Mark Knopfler tune or two would be a great addition.

mcfingers

Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:21 am

haoli25 wrote:
Congratulations Steve. What a beauty! I wish you many, many happy hours of playing.

Bill
Thanks Bill,
I am definitely happy, my fingers right now, not so much. :ohmy: But, it's all good.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic