Reporting on RED strings.

frybaby

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:46 am

Forum folks,
I reported is some detail on impressions on the new strign brand I came across at Guitar center in my original thread "New Brand of Strings".
I just wanted to add that after a bout a week of daily play, about an hour a day, I find the string holding up well and true to my orignal evaluation. One thing I wish to add is that my playing style involves frequent string stretches vends and vibarto. I noticed when I had the elixer on it seem much more difficult to bend and stretch the strings, The Red however bend much eaiser, but I have noticed that after only a week there is noticable ware on the string where the come in contact with the fret wire. Since it been a while since I used string other than Elixers, I can’t remember my other non coated string wearing that fast at the point of contact.

RicksPick

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Oh that sounds bad
Guess you have taken them off now??
That would scare me

RicksPick

frybaby

Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:03 pm

Live and learn as they say. So far the sound has not been affected (as far as I can tell),but I can detect a bit of fraying visually and feel it. But not enough deterioration to justify a change. Like I mentioned in my origianl review of the strings, I am well pleased with the sound. When I bought them the salesman at Guitar Center, ask me to report back on my impressions, which I did, he was pleased and said the string manufacture contacts Guitar Center regularly for feed back on the string.
Other than that changing string is no big deal. I rather like to change regularly, as it provides insentive to play and clean up the instrument.
So there it is.
Frybaby.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic