14 Hours left to decide my fate!

tovo

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:04 pm

OK, I've been watching an ebay auction on a pristine Taylor 814ce for several days...14 hours left...no bids yet. I would pay the starting price...perhaps the frenzy is about to start. If it does I will wait for a trip to the US. However,

If I buy if I will be in heaven. BUT if I buy it I will be in the doghouse with my Wife for several days. Sensible TOVO says "leave it...you don't need it" Other TOVO says "buy it you fool, you know you need it badly".

SO I decided that such a lifechanging decision should be discussed at length on line. Expecting some fairly humerous responses, although I also expect Chris to offer a suggestion.

WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!???

14 hours and ticking.....

hasben

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:11 pm

Tony, at times like this you just have to ask yourself, "Am I a wus, or am I a man?" Just how big of an old boy are ya? Let's see what kinda package the green one has!
:laugh:Fred

waggis

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:12 pm

Taylor 814ce....very nice. I was also looking at a the same guitar today. Good luck on your bid. I know a lot o people wait until the last 5 seconds to bid so keep your fingers crosssed and let us know how it turns out.

David

johnrfeeney

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:14 pm

unless nobody wants to buy it ebay always has bidders who wait till it gets close and then automatically have the computer constantly bid against you and they win unless your final price is higher than theirs
:woohoo:

wrench

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:27 pm

tovo wrote:
If I buy if I will be in heaven. BUT if I buy it I will be in the doghouse with my Wife for several days.
Heaven is forever. Doghouse is a few days. Numbers don't lie.

MarkM

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:36 pm

14 hours gives you plenty of time to figure out what she wants. Was it that new kitchen upgrade, ring, shoes/boots (any number of colors and styles to choose from), night/weekend away? Or maybe that project that you said you would get to all these years......Yup 14 hours is a long time to "make a deal" with your wife. Say it's a combination birthday/anniversary/Christmas present for yourself. Find something you don't really need and promise to sell that on EBay to help offset the price tag.

Of course you know that I'm really thinking of all the excuses/promises I'm going to give my wife at tax time for another guitar for myself. Let me know what works and I'll go with that.

:dry: :huh: :dry: :blink: :dry: :S

MarkM

haoli25

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:37 pm

Tony, have you tried the old it's an "investment" line on Mrs. Tovo yet? "I'm doing this for both of us."

If you can say that with a straight, sincere face, it just might work. :laugh:

Bill

BigBear

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:57 pm

hasben wrote:
Tony, at times like this you just have to ask yourself, "Am I a wus, or am I a man?" Just how big of an old boy are ya? Let's see what kinda package the green one has!
:laugh:Fred

Tony- It's like I told Fred, just march right on in and tell the little women who the boss is. Then run like hell! lol!

It's always great to have a new guitar. The question is two-fold. Do you need it? And can you afford it?

Assuming that the cost is no problem, what will you be able to do with this new Taylor that you can't do with the Taylor you have now? If it's just for show, or ego, then it's a new toy and you have to justify it on that basis.

If it makes you a better player then you can look at it as advancing your skills and an addition to what is an important hobby/activity to you. Also, the odds are that you will own this guitar for a very long time; maybe forever. My Dad always told me to save my money and then buy the very best I could afford. This advice has served me well.

But forgetting the wife and family for a minute, only you can decide if it's a good choice for you right now. I have an 800 series Taylor and it is a beautiful instrument. I don't know if I could justify it again but I'm really glad I have it! I will never part with it!

Good luck buddy and remember when dealing with the Boss- DUCK!

Cheers! :cheer:

TGMatt

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:58 pm

Real simple in my eyes..

Unless you believe in re-incarnation and even then you may come back as a snail.... ;)

Get it..

Here is why ..

With all the comedians on here..it is not easy to compete humorously , so I will do my deadpan this is what I believe speech...

I believe that the world is a truly abundant place, if you decide that the pie just gets bigger for all, then you will see more...abundance is everywhere ....when you choose for it to be so...

In this world...it never becomes a decision on "this or that", it becomes a this and that ....

So get it , and then let her set a goal, and allow the universe, some hussle, and a little but of magic to provide...

Step forward

izzyhara

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:01 pm

You all are SO afraid of women !! Makes me sad that I am one....
I personally think that life is too short, and this guitar sounds like a dream come true. Grab those dreams. Only you know if this is ridiculous or not. I hope that no one bids against you, but make a note of your absolute limit, and know that if the bidding goes over, you aren't meant to have this one. If you aren't taking food out of your children's mouths, or defaulting on the mortgage, then go for it !!
Keep us all posted. And good luck !! We want pics if you get it.
Izzy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic