14 Hours left to decide my fate!

tovo

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:12 pm

Just what I was after, some good advice
mixed with good humour. Wrench your comment cracked me up, Dennis you are a cruel man. Bear you are the voice of reason as always. I don't need it mate, not at all. I WANT it. Thanks for all the tips on eBay, I have used it a bit. This guitar is in Australia, is that the one you guys are seeing? If I get it there will be pics (of the guitar and my clothes on the front lawn) hey Izzy I'm not scared of her, the sooner she realizes who the boss is.....the sooner I can get my orders. Cheers all.

hasben

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:16 pm

tovo wrote:
Just what I was after, some good advice
mixed with good humour. Wrench your comment cracked me up, Dennis you are a cruel man. Bear you are the voice of reason as always. I don't need it mate, not at all. I WANT it. Thanks for all the tips on eBay, I have used it a bit. This guitar is in Australia, is that the one you guys are seeing? If I get it there will be pics (of the guitar and my clothes on the front lawn) hey Izzy I'm not scared of her, the sooner she realizes who the boss is.....the sooner I can get my orders. Cheers all.
And BIG cheers from the locker room! What now? Thirteen hours and I is in your hands? You get the Golden Gonads Award!!! :laugh:

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:28 pm

Tony, at times like this you just have to ask yourself, "Am I a wus, or am I a man?"
Fred's right of course, but I just got off the skype call to Cindy and she categorically: WUS! So no worries Tony, that one's settled. Now down to business mate. As Stuart pointed out, you WANT that guitar man, and you should have it. Matt's right. Joe is so befuddled today that he suggested a strategy that will lead to you losing your home and social services taking the kids away. Joe, paying twice the price is a BAD idea and certain DOOM! We'll forgive you, it's been a tough day!

Here's what's going to happen Tony: You will bid too low (not wanting to lose the kids to social services) and some sharp Ebay Pirate will use his automated bidding processes to top your every bid by 5 cents starting 5 nano seconds before end of bidding and ending with that beauty landing in the arms of the Ebay Pirate. He will savour his victory over of all of you bidders who have fists for thumbs, with no though of how wonderful that guitar is and then re-sell the bugger next day at a profit. And you will be saved!

G'Day B)

hasben

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:55 pm

No worries mate! I too just got off skype talking to Cindy and we both think you should "shoot the moon" and go for the Taylor. Cindy also said she was looking forward to her new life in Oklahoma. :laugh: :laugh:
Your brother, Fred

quincy451

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:05 pm

Thanks for the tip I will send you pictures.

tovo wrote:
OK, I've been watching an ebay auction on a pristine Taylor 814ce for several days...14 hours left...no bids yet. I would pay the starting price...perhaps the frenzy is about to start. If it does I will wait for a trip to the US. However,

If I buy if I will be in heaven. BUT if I buy it I will be in the doghouse with my Wife for several days. Sensible TOVO says "leave it...you don't need it" Other TOVO says "buy it you fool, you know you need it badly".

SO I decided that such a lifechanging decision should be discussed at length on line. Expecting some fairly humerous responses, although I also expect Chris to offer a suggestion.

WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!???

14 hours and ticking.....

tovo

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:11 pm

Fred, your analogy doesn't work so well. If I were a Kangaroo I would be playing Rugby League for Australia, not bad. If I were a Wallaby however, I would be playing Union, much better. So I'll take Wallaby over Kangaroo. Those who think I have lost my marbles, go back and read what Fred wrote. Taunting doesn't work either Fred. So...DON'T CALL ME CHICKEN!

Chris I was expecting a droll response from you. Thanks for not disappointing!

Quincy that's funny man...let the bidding begin.

Matt, Bill, Joe and everyone else who said just buy it...thanks. Please consider taking up a collection for the lawyer.

prawnpig

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:12 pm

Buy it as the saying goes its easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

tovo

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:20 pm

You are right P-Pig I'm certain!

Bidding has started. 6 hours left. I've set my limit and I'm comfortable. Any increase over that and I'm out, as I will buy one in the States next time I visit. Let's see what eventuates.

Craig

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:21 pm

Tony my friend,
Ask yourself if this is the last time you will ever be in the dog house. If the answer is probably not...CONGRATULATIONS on your new Taylor!
Craig

prawnpig

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:29 pm

Good Luck Tony.
Dave

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic