14 Hours left to decide my fate!

beaker

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 pm

Tony, yeah, lot's of great comments here. But I am in the GET IT group. I upgraded my guitar and don't regret it for a second. 1) It is a lot easier to play and I just play better on it. I think you will find a similar result. 2) It produces great tones, you will be inspired, you will play more, you will become a better player!

Beaker.

Like someone else said, keep us informed.

sws626

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:13 pm

Hi Tony,

You know you want it or you wouldn't be asking us. So go ahead and bid. Set yourself a reasonable limit based on what you'd expect to pay elsewhere. And if you don't win, there'll be others.

-Stuart

hasben

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:13 pm

Tony Tovo, I have watched this with great interest. Some of the more respected members have given you good advice. Even our guru (Matt) waded in with a kind of spiritual reason you should go with your impulse. However, I continue to take the only tack I know-- locker-room goading from a mate-- ya gonna do it? Are ya feeling' lucky? You gonna be a man or a mouse? Kangaroo or a walloby? :laugh:

heyjoe

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:21 pm

Hi Tony

My advice and brain power today have been about as useful as a gaseous emission in an astronaut suit, so, with that in mind, here's my advice.....buy the guitar, and then buy your good lady something of equal value, that way you both win.

Joe

RicksPick

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:21 pm

Tony
I'm in the get it club
There seems to be a lot of brave men on here
Guess their wife's/partners are not reading over their shoulders.
LOL cracks me up :laugh:

RicksPick

Fingers crossed for you mate

RicksPick

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:24 pm

Tony, I just went on ebay and snuck a look...that is a beautiful guitar...you need it!

mcfingers

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:33 pm

I am the last person to offer level headed advice. I just bought a 414ce LTD that lasted on layaway all of 36 hours.
Quality is not an issue, the Taylor name speaks for itself. If money is an issue that's one thing but if it's not than, for me, the only issue would be that of not playing the instrument before buying. If you have played an 818 before then you can set that issue aside. All of the other arguments presented by others for buying are good ones, so I would say that you should just listen to your own little voice. You know what's right for you and in the end that's all that matters.

Enjoy your new guitar, from the moment you posted this thread I knew you were going to go for it. You won't regret it, trust me.

If it helps, I had absolutely no buyer remorse whatsoever after buying mine. Heck, I am still smiling ear to ear.

Cheers,
Steve

dennisg

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:58 pm

Tony, I think you should sit your wife down in front of the computer and play her the video of your very first attempt at Norwegian Wood. She'll be happy to buy you a new guitar.

jim56

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:08 pm

Yo Tony,

Its easier to ask for forgiveness then permission!

Enjoy your new guitar.

Jim

leeson

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:11 pm

I just went onto ebay and then the Taylor website. Now I want one, toooo!

What a beautiful looking guitar. If you have played one and like the sound and this is the one you want then just DO IT! Life is too short. One question though: Is your bed big enough for you, your wife AND the guitar?

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic