14 Hours left to decide my fate!

tovo

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:37 pm

Thanks Craig, Dave. Very unlikely my bid will last unfortunately. I'm not chasing it beyond my current bid, there's no point in winning an auction and paying more than I could buy it for new in Dennis' favourite store in Seattle, and I will get there.

My current bid was good enough to knock out all the current automatic bids (obviously) so if the other bidder (only one right now) has reached his limit I could be very lucky, but as all of you know who use ebay, the temptation is always there for one last bid.

I enjoyed all of the humorous comments though so it wasn't a complete waste!

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:38 am

No worries Tony I'll gladly sell it to you save me the courier to NZ...

tovo

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:49 am

Chas it's all yours mate.

It's gone. It no longer represents value for money. The difference between this one and what I could buy if for new in the States is negligible.

Oh well. Good news is I still have my 410...and my wife.

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:51 am

Bad luck mate its Karma wasn't meant to be. Enjoyable thread though we must do it again sometime

tovo

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:55 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Bad luck mate its Karma wasn't meant to be. Enjoyable thread though we must do it again sometime
Yeah I enjoyed it!

Oh by the way, 3000 posts!! Gee you talk a lot mate! Congrats.

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:04 am

Thanks, on post count though if you look at it in regards to vid to post ratio not that flash lol 1:3000 doh!

This thread prompted me to chec the NZ auction site

http://www.trademe.co.nz/

Looked for a taylor for ya but no 814ce series a couple which were rather expensive though, but i did find a Yamaha Acoustic/Electric nylon whihc I have just added to my watch list and the seller lives within 20mins drive!! So this could be the next thread lol

quincy451

Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:06 am

yea it was fun teasing you...sorry you didn't get it...but glad you didn't get sucked into the ebay trap. It is funny on other guitars I have seen them listed higher on ebay than on direct sale websites.

tovo

Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 am

quincy451 wrote:
yea it was fun teasing you...sorry you didn't get it...but glad you didn't get sucked into the ebay trap. It is funny on other guitars I have seen them listed higher on ebay than on direct sale websites.
No worries mate I knew you were kidding. Yeah, it's a trap. The competitive juices get flowing and it's easy to end up bidding not only more than you intended, but so much that it's no longer a good deal which is silly.

Nothing lost.

Hydroman52

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:33 am

tovo wrote:
Oh well. Good news is I still have my 410...and my wife.
Well said! I'm proud of you for that. Another deal will come along.

In the meantime, if you are feeling a bit depressed, take some of that cash that you just saved, buy some canned goods, and donate it to a local food pantry for the homeless. Or how about picking up some really neat toys and giving them to a children’s hospital. It’s great personal therapy and may help keep you grounded. Works for me.

mark

Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:37 am

Hi Tony
I've come to this thread a bit late. Sorry you missed out on this one.

I think that as soon as you have decided in your own mind that you want that new guitar, it's pretty much an unstoppable force.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic