Guitar Pro Question

cosmicmechanic

Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:39 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
cosmicmechanic wrote:
Note: On Windows Vista, the GuitarPro program is rather in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Guitar Pro 5".
I'd agree with most of this, but the location of Guitar Pro in Vista may not necessarily be correct, e.g. mine is "C:\Program Files\Guitar Pro 5\GP5.exe"

More likely its your default setting, I had that issue a while back (years ago) and once i set up the default properly no worries anymore.
True, Chas ... I forgot that Vista is not the reason for the "Program Files (x86)" folder. It exists only on 64 bit systems, such as my Vista laptop, and is reserved for 32 bit applications, such as Guitar Pro.

Moral of the story:
If your system is 32 bit (as is most common), then "GP5.exe" is in "C:\Program Files\Guitar Pro 5".

If your system is 64 bit, then "GP5.exe" is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Guitar Pro 5"

I stand corrected :)

Pierre

dynamohm

Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:56 am

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Chris , which file from this site are trying to open?

Marc
Any lesson file with a link to GP5 in the lesson notes. I installed GP5 in my PC yesterday and it works fine . It's my Mac I am having the problem with.

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:13 am

dynamohm wrote:
Lavallee wrote:

Marc
Any lesson file with a link to GP5 in the lesson notes. I installed GP5 in my PC yesterday and it works fine . It's my Mac I am having the problem with.
I presume you got both PC and Mac versions of GP, sorry I can't help with Mac. Is there a Mac doctor in the house?

dennisg

Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:39 am

Chasplaya wrote:
dynamohm wrote:
Lavallee wrote:

Marc
I presume you got both PC and Mac versions of GP, sorry I can't help with Mac. Is there a Mac doctor in the house?
I'm a Mac user. Chris, give an example of a GP5 file you tried to download that wouldn't work properly, and we'll take it from there.

dynamohm

Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:49 am

This is what I get when I click the GP5 tab in the lesson notes

FICHIER GUITAR PRO v5.10 This is not what I copied and pasted I get what looks like a text file with just writing. I guess it won't let me copy it

dennisg

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:20 am

dynamohm wrote:
This is what I get when I click the GP5 tab in the lesson notes

FICHIER GUITAR PRO v5.10 This is not what I copied and pasted I get what looks like a text file with just writing. I guess it won't let me copy it
What I'm asking for is the name and location of the specific file you're trying to download.

dynamohm

Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:10 pm

http://www.totallyguitars.com/downloads ... ightGP.gp5

This is the file I get from my PC

The file I get from my Mac is 4012_wonderfultonightGP.gp5.txt

I hope this helps it seems my version of Totally guitars on my mac wont let me download the file to GP5 It seems to be a text file

Lavallee

Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:35 pm

FICHIER GUITAR PRO v5.10 The word fichier is in french. It is quite strange that you get that but it migth not mean anything.

Marc

dennisg

Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:40 pm

I'm getting the same garbage text file.

Chasplaya

Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:46 pm

Lavallee wrote:
FICHIER GUITAR PRO v5.10 The word fichier is in french. It is quite strange that you get that but it migth not mean anything.

Marc
Guitar Pro is made by a French company Arobas, a lot of error messages come up in French

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic