Guitar Pro Question

Chasplaya

Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:56 pm

What OS are you running I just checked the site and earlier than 10.3 might have issues, they now have an 10.4 version according to their Support

AndyT

Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:56 pm

Must be a Mac issue. I just clicked on the link and it opened my copy of GP with the song in it already. No problems.

dennisg

Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:09 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
What OS are you running I just checked the site and earlier than 10.3 might have issues, they now have an 10.4 version according to their Support
I'm running 10.6.2

dynamohm

Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:38 pm

10.4 I think the problem is with Totally guitars or on the mac GP5 is linked with Ultimate guitar. That's the program I always used it with that I went through last year to purchase GP5

Chasplaya

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:52 pm

Do you get the same problem with saved GPro files on your Mac?

dennisg

Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:57 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
No, I've only come across the problem -- and only occasionally -- when downloading a file.

Chasplaya

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:34 am

dennisg wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
No, I've only come across the problem -- and only occasionally -- when downloading a file.
Lol I should have said I was addressing the question to dynamohm, but you'll do Dennis , I had this problem once with an early version of GPro and whilst I should have realised my PC had been updated and it somehow changed a few of the default programmes i.e. reverted back to what Windows thought they should be as a result all the GPro tried to open as .txt files. So I had to change the default back to GPro and voila it was good to go again. SO now when major updates occur I usually have to check that the default programmes haven't changed.

dynamohm

Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:12 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
dennisg wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
Lol I should have said I was addressing the question to dynamohm, but you'll do Dennis , I had this problem once with an early version of GPro and whilst I should have realised my PC had been updated and it somehow changed a few of the default programmes i.e. reverted back to what Windows thought they should be as a result all the GPro tried to open as .txt files. So I had to change the default back to GPro and voila it was good to go again. SO now when major updates occur I usually have to check that the default programmes haven't changed.

How would one change the default programs on a Mac?

dennisg

Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:35 pm

dynamohm wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
dennisg wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:

How would one change the default programs on a Mac?
dyna,

Locate a downloaded GP file in the Finder, then click on it once. Type command-I to do a Get Info on the file. In the Open With pull-down menu, select Guitar Pro (if it's not in the list, select Other, then go find Guitar Pro). Click on the Change All button. Close the Get Info window. Now any GP file you download should open Guitar Pro when you double-click on it.

thereshopeyet

Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:22 pm

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic