Travel Guitar Choices

sws626

Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:38 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
... and how much poorer are you because of it Stu?
I'm infinitely richer because I won't have to spend any more evenings alone in a hotel room with no outlet for my passion other than the forum -- or other less seemly corners of the internet.

In mortal terms, it set me back about $700. More expensive than the Baby Taylor option, but I'm more likely to stuff it in my bag and, as an electric guitar, it fills a gap.

[strike]Here's an example of some guy on youtube (not me) playing one:[/strike]

UPDATE: The fellow in the video I posted earlier wasn't holding it right. Here's a better example from the guy who makes them:

[video][/video]

crazedtec

Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:55 am

Good choice of lapstick, small and easy to carry, i tried the travel pro, good guitar but after 50 times of other passengers jamming their luggage on the guitar, i would lose patience. I didnt want to get kicked off the plane. regular guitars get frowned upon, good for once in a while, but i travel each week. Stewart fold away is excellent too. under seat storage. I love it for 4 or 5 day travel, on overnight stays, the guitar might get ignored when i work 16 hours that day. My lapstick will arrive soon and I will know more about it.

sws626

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:38 pm

Yes, I think it is the best choice for my crazy travel schedule, which sounds a lot like yours. I seriously considered the Stewart, but wrote to them and was told they didn't have any made and didn't know when they'd be making more.

Flying has become such a pain in the butt now. If you follow the rules and just bring some reasonably sized carry on, you get told to put it under the seat to make room for those who want to stuff their house in the overhead compartment. I hate checking bags anyway, but at 6'4", I don't need any extra obstacles under the seat.

I seem to be hijacking my own thread. Back on topic... Phil at Laptsick says my guitar has been shipped, but I should have it early next week.

crazedtec

Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:23 pm

Finally received my new lapstick and love it...size makes a great difference, fits in my duffle bag in the overhead and I can quickly take it out to practice in the hotel and quickly put it away to once again try to catch my flights out. Had to rewire my thinking on how to play, capo on the 7th fret.......
Here is a collection of travel guitars during my 12 year travel job. Image

bethroe56

Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:57 am

Hey Matt
Is this still in the queue somewhere?
Just curious.
thanks
beth

TGMatt

Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:48 pm

bethroe56 wrote:
Hey Matt
Is this still in the queue somewhere?
Just curious.
thanks
beth
It was and then ..well, their is a story that will come soon enough..

I am testing a certain unit at present ...

More soon

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic