Open Mic Part 2

AndyT

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:25 am

Man, what a busy day! We started out this morning at church, then went to the beach where I played for 2 hours straight as 162 people got baptized. Then we went to a friends church where the open Mic session was and played for another hour.

We had every possible equipment problem with our camera and sound system happen today. When I was looking at the videos of it, we only got bits and peices.

Here is a bit of the song; "Who Am I" by Casting Crowns.
Left to right, Joey (Rhythm & Vocals) Me (Lead), Jim, (Rhythm), and Anthony (Drums)

RicksPick

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:35 am

Nice Andy

Looks alot of fun to do
Some times I dream of playing live
Then wake up sweating
So well done
Must find part 1 now

RicksPick

I found It, lol

AndyT

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:45 am

Rick, Thanks! Talk about sweating, we played a couple from our planned set and then Joey says, "Ok, any requests?" People started asking for this song or that one... He knew them and Jim and I followed him. People were saying how well we did with no music!

I really have to give TG and especially Neil credit for me having the ability to even get up there and play. And when Joey started taking requests, It was because of Neil's teaching I was able to follow along with what he was playing.

Thank God Joey can't play barre chords! LMBO! :laugh:

tovo

Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:23 am

Looks like fun Andy. The sound doesn't come through perfect from a handicam obviously but your mate sounds like he has a pretty nice voice. I imagine it's great for your playing confidence to play for that long in public. Well done.

Chasplaya

Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:27 am

Nothing better than getting up and just playing , Well done Andy.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:35 am

Way to go Andy! Did the folks decide to stay in the church after you played at them? That's faith for you :-)..... you know I'm just pulling your leg. Great stuff!

jayswett

Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:42 pm

How nice it must be to have some friends with whom you can play on a regular basis. I must admit that I'm envious of that. I'd love to see more of your videos.

TGMatt

Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Thats just cool Andy..

I think I would give my left nut to play live just once for the thrill...

Awesome job mate

dennisg

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:30 pm

Good job, Andy. That looks like fun.

AndyT

Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:06 pm

Thanks everyone. It was a lot of fun to play in public like that. We had over 300 at the beach we played for. The open mic was quite a bit smaller crowd, but still great fun!

Try it! the crowd was really into us and was singing along with us. They want you to be good and they don't even hear your mistakes. They just think that it is part of your interpretation.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic