Linus & Lucy Update

rgrewe

Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:32 pm

Hi Gang,

In case anybody is working on L&L and would like the Guitar Pro file, it has been added to the lesson. I want to thank Marc Lavallee for doing most of the work.

I will be adding files to the older lessons soon but now we have GP files for everything added in 2010 and everything to come.

Neil

Linus & Lucy

suziko

Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:43 pm

I won't be tackling Linus and Lucy any time soon, but still want to say thank you, Neil and TG for adding the GP files. I've been toying with the idea of buying GP, and certainly having the GP files for TARGET lessons makes the idea much more appealing.

Thanks, Marc, for putting together the L & L GP file. I can't imagine how challenging that must have been.

Suzi

waggis

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:34 pm

Thanks Neil and Marc. The GP file will be real useful when I want to practice offline. I have not had so much time to work on this piece since the introduction of "The Fisherman", but I hope to get back to it soon. Until then......drip drip, drip.......

David

Chasplaya

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:42 pm

Thanks Neil and also to Marc. The GPro files are quite important to me at present with the slow NZ boradband and vids not playing too well.

Chas

tovo

Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:31 pm

NZ has the internet? That's awesome.

Hey thanks Neil and especially well done Marc. It's cool that so many people here are willing to help out. Like Suzi I won't be taking it on any time soon but that's not the point. Great resources here.

Lavallee

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:27 pm

Thanks Neil for the acknowledgment. Even though Neil had to make some corrections, I find that is a great exercise to transfer a song to GP. First you learn more about the GP software than any tutorial. But I think the greatest benefit is that it helps learning standard notation syntax and what it means as far as rhythm beacuse you have to complete the bar properly. Of course for someone who already understands the notation , it is no big deal. But for someone like me who is musically illeterate (toward standard notation)it is a good way to learn.

Thanks Neil for having the GP files, it is a big help. I am at the second page of the lesson (B section) slowly learning the fingering and rhythm, another 6 months and it should be presentable. :)

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic