Chas Demos How To Write a Song in Guitar Pro Part 1

Chasplaya

Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:45 am

Ok here it comes in 4 parts as the song took 35+ minutes to record i had to split it for YT. I had initial problems with quality so I had to reload the thing in HD, make sure you select 1080p on the Vid menu bar. As it takes so long this is only part 1

Please note due to usuual vid stress i made a couple of errors I annotate at least one of them , then I mix up my quarters with eighth notes, live with it!! I can lol. I recommend you enlarge the screen

Part 1 .

haoli25

Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:00 am

Excellent Chas. Image

Chasplaya

Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:03 am

haoli25 wrote:
Excellent Chas.
Thanks Bill, Given this is a simple song and its taken me all day to get one part up here I am glad I didn't do a complicated song lol.

tovo

Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:18 am

Great work Chas. I haven't a clue about Guitar Pro so your series might help me understand it's value.

Chasplaya

Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:30 am

Thanks Tony, This is really quite a simple song but one which includes hammer ons and pull ofs and slides. I could have used the voice function but chose not to to keep it more user friendly, with Voices I would have done the bass line separate. I may go back and do a brief demo of that once people digest this series.

willem

Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:37 am

WOW Chas,,i think a lot of people have a new hobby up coming,,thanks..

do you get commision??lol,,,,nice cursor you have...

Chasplaya

Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:56 am

Thanks Willem .. Commission I wish lol... The cursor is cool eh! I have a few like that if you want them PM me and I'll try and send them, no guarantees though cos things computer sometimes get the better of me lol

Chasplaya

Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:00 am

You know team, I have used Guitar Pro from very early on when it was Beta tested , only bought it at ver 3 though. But I have never looked back. Don't be afraid of it, get it play with it, you can't break it and eventually it all falls into place. I don't profess to know all about it yet but thats the mystery of the programme it never stops amazing me, just love it.! Hats off to the Arobas team who design and develop it. Plus I guess a bonus is TG get an extremely small commission of each sale generated from this site, Hmmm Matt can I get a percentage lol!

Music Junkie

Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:42 pm

Chas:

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to share this with us. I fiddle with GP, but am still not overly comfortable with it yet. I have trouble with the hammer-ons and pull-offs as well as just getting the timing of the song correct. I am seriously looking forward to your clips! Mighty kind of you!

MJ

B)

tovo

Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:07 pm

You know even if you don't use Guitar Pro and don't intend to, I think Chas deserves a big thanks for investing considerable time and effort to help his fellow members. It's this sort of community minded act that makes this a cool place to be.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic