Neil's Strings

frybaby

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:43 pm

Guitar that is,....not swim suit. Does anyone know what brand and gauge string Neil uses on his guitars?
Thanks in advance
Frybaby

BigBear

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:45 pm

D'Addario Phosphor Bronze Medium gauge (.013 I believe) Neil has said he doesn't like coated strings and he changes his strings at least every other week. :cheer:

Music Junkie

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:29 pm

Yep, Bear is right.

I am pretty sure Neil mentioned EJ16 as the pack that he recommends. .12 - .53 is the size and they are Phosphor-Bronze.

Just had them put on my Martin last week when I had it set-up. I like them so far..... B)

MJ

frybaby

Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Gentlemen, thank you, I just has to ask, as I was watching the TARGET free lesson - Here Comes the Sun-Guitar Solo, near the end of the video, where he shows the righ and left hand I noticed that the string tension seemed lax it made bothn both right hand and left exertion seem almost effortless, especially the right hand. Except for the sound, it almsot seemed as if he was playing steel and silk on nylon strings. Probably just his skill level that makes it all seem so easy. I know I sure struggle more that that.
Again thank you.

Music Junkie

Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:42 pm

lol............

Neil certainly has a way of making things look effortless...... B)

izzyhara

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:00 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
[quote]Yep, Bear is right.

I am pretty sure Neil mentioned EJ16 as the pack that he recommends. .12 - .53 is the size and they are Phosphor-Bronze.

Just had them put on my Martin last week when I had it set-up. I like them so far..... B)

MJ

This is SO cool !! I bought strings over the weekend - pretty much randomly picked some. And you will NEVER guess what they are :lol:

Music Junkie

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:03 pm

izzyhara wrote:
This is SO cool !! I bought strings over the weekend - pretty much randomly picked some. And you will NEVER guess what they are :lol:
lol Izzy!

That is just the karma from this site looking out for you......:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic