Sending videos to each other, what's the best way to do it?

heyjoe

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:42 pm

Hello All

I'm looking to send a video I made to someone, but due to the file size (its 63mb), hotmail and yahoo mail wont upload it, as its too big. I don't want to reduce the size as the quality will suffer.

I know there have been collaborations on site, so what methods have people used to send videos to each other? I have files up to 200MB that I'm looking to send.

Its purely videos I have made, not any others.

Thanks in advance

Joe

tovo

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:48 pm

Hey Joe. Google "Free online storage" and take your pick. I use 4shared. It's free (provided you are willing to put up with a lot of ads) and it accepts files up to 200mb. Too easy.

MarkM

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:51 pm

tovo wrote:
Hey Joe. Google "Free online storage" and take your pick. I use 4shared. It's free (provided you are willing to put up with a lot of ads) and it accepts files up to 200mb. Too easy.
Tony is that how you made those two videos? Needle and the Damange Done and Heart of Gold? I was thinking of a way to get some out as well.

MarkM

tovo

Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:29 pm

Hey Mark. Yes we used online storage as the repository for everyone's individual effort and Nick and Al downloaded them from there in order to put them together.

MarkM

Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:37 pm

Thanks! I'll have to check that out.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:34 pm

4 shared worked well for us. Just share the password with each other and either of you can log in and download.

Music Junkie

Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:55 pm

4 Shared is a great site. You can also look at Rapidshare, Hotfile, Depositfiles, Megaupload and many more. Some have lots of ads, some not so much. I have had good luck with Hotfile, as its upload and download speeds are good here in my portion of the US. There is also a pretty cool program called Pando that makes it very easy. Pando is more oriented to sending it directly to someone rather than a free hosting site.

Good Luck

MJ

jayswett

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:52 pm

Question: How are these sites different from youtube? Youtube videos, as I've only recently learned, can be downloaded to one's computer reasonably easily if you have the appropriate software.

tovo

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:56 pm

Jay these sites store the file without having to publish it. Sure you can choose to make your YouTube video private and provide a password, but I have found that no matter what software I use to download from YouTube I lose quality so I find the online storage option to be better for me. But sure, you could use YouTube as well.

AndyT

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:57 pm

Another option is if you both have the same IM program (Yahoo, Messenger...) then you can just do a file transfer during a chat session. It will take a while but its direct from you to them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic