Anybody working on Linus and Lucy?

Lavallee

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:52 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Lavallee wrote:

So I was just curious to know if anybody else was enjoying suffering on Linus and Lucy?

Marc

Marc, I enjoyed suffering with it for several days. :) I will atack it again in a few more weeks.

Bill Image
I am glad you are giving a shot Bill. I find difficult in the melody to focus on the fingers that are home position to switch quickly from finger 1 and 2 then 2 and 3 than back to 1 and 2 while the thumb is getting out of breath.

Love the animation

Marc

Lavallee

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:58 pm

snoopy64 wrote:
Catman wrote:
Nope. Too many others in the pipeline.

I may try L&L after I master Classical Gas (yeah, right, like that's goint to happen)

David
:lol: That's more or less what I had in mind answering when I read the title ... although ... I gave myself four years to learn CG, but right now I think I'll manage in ... one. I try to practice at least for a few minutes every day. I already can play the Intro and part A ... okay the fun is about to begin ... maybe two years to go ;)
Birgit
Hi Birgit, classical gas is such a great song. If you are already over the intro and section, I think it is half the battle since now you want to finish it instead of being unsure with the job the be done at the beginning. Another challenge in Classical gas is to build the right hand fingers muscle memory and with the section you over with you have a good aidea of what is coming.

Have fun

Marc

Lavallee

Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:03 pm

waggis wrote:
I tried it for a few days and had a lot of fun listening to it tranform from noise to something I could almost recognise, but alas I found it too difficult to play on my spare nylon string guitar. I just bought a 3rd guitar so I can play Open D, Open G and DADGAD on one guitar. I'll take it up after I get stink out of "The Fisherman" (in a few years).
Hey Waggis, Isn`t great when a song start to take shape. I agree that it must be a challenge to play on a classical guitar. What do you play in the alternate tuning you mentioned?

Marc

waggis

Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:46 am

Lavallee wrote:
waggis wrote:
I tried it for a few days and had a lot of fun listening to it tranform from noise to something I could almost recognise, but alas I found it too difficult to play on my spare nylon string guitar. I just bought a 3rd guitar so I can play Open D, Open G and DADGAD on one guitar. I'll take it up after I get stink out of "The Fisherman" (in a few years).
Hey Waggis, Isn`t great when a song start to take shape. I agree that it must be a challenge to play on a classical guitar. What do you play in the alternate tuning you mentioned?

Marc
I have my 2nd guitar tuned these days mostly in Open C where I am working on "Busted Bicycle" from Leo Kottke (long term project). Also some John Fahey tunes. What's good in this tuning is I can quickly go to the quasi-Open C tuning to practice "Never Going Back Again" without breaking my high E-String.

In Open G I play John Fahey's "Desperate Man Blues" and a few Leo Kottke(Ice Miner) - Renbourn tunes (English Dance).

Lavallee

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:04 am

Kottke"s Busted bicycle looks fun and challenging and I really like John Fahey"s despereated blues. You would not happen to have a GP file of these 2 by any chances?. I do not much of those 2 players and they are very interesting to discover.

Marc

waggis

Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:12 pm

Lavallee wrote:
Kottke"s Busted bicycle looks fun and challenging and I really like John Fahey"s despereated blues. You would not happen to have a GP file of these 2 by any chances?. I do not much of those 2 players and they are very interesting to discover.

Marc
Hi Marc,

I think you will really have fun with "Desperate Man Blues". You might regognize it from a scene in the "Horse Whisperer" with the running horses. I send the GP file. Unfortunatly I do not have "Busted Bicycle" on a GP file. Only have the sheet music. Perhaps you can find it on the Web.

David

Lavallee

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:50 pm

Thanks David, I just Pm you my home E-Mail.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic