Anybody working on Linus and Lucy?

Lavallee

Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:59 pm

I have been practicing Linus and Lucy since it came out. I can do part 1 and 2 with great difficulty but now I remember both hands part for the 2 sections. Even though I am working on it every other day my progression is just so slow. It will take me a year at least before I get something decent.To get that thumb running all the time is very challenging.

I just watched again the play through from Neil. What a fantastic player he is. He just goes through those quick changes with those crazy chords like if he was playing a Horse with no Name and it is the same for all the songs we have seen him play. He is such an inspiration. It is easy to give up before you get the critical mass of a song, so when I am in a down period on a song I just watch the play through and I am up again.

So I was just curious to know if anybody else was enjoying suffering on Linus and Lucy?

Marc

Catman

Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:58 am

Nope. Too many others in the pipeline.

I may try L&L after I master Classical Gas (yeah, right, like that's goint to happen)

David

AndyT

Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:44 am

When I get my other guitar back I'm going to tune it Drop D and use it for those lessons. I play too much in standard tuning to be changing all the time. That's when I'll go after L & L.

haoli25

Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:06 am

Lavallee wrote:

So I was just curious to know if anybody else was enjoying suffering on Linus and Lucy?

Marc

Marc, I enjoyed suffering with it for several days. :) I will atack it again in a few more weeks.

Bill Image

reiver

Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:53 am

Lavallee wrote:

Marc

No......but thanks for the reminder. I should be.

r

snoopy64

Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:59 am

Catman wrote:

I may try L&L after I master Classical Gas (yeah, right, like that's goint to happen)

David
:lol: That's more or less what I had in mind answering when I read the title ... although ... I gave myself four years to learn CG, but right now I think I'll manage in ... one. I try to practice at least for a few minutes every day. I already can play the Intro and part A ... okay the fun is about to begin ... maybe two years to go ;)
Birgit

waggis

Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:06 pm

I tried it for a few days and had a lot of fun listening to it tranform from noise to something I could almost recognise, but alas I found it too difficult to play on my spare nylon string guitar. I just bought a 3rd guitar so I can play Open D, Open G and DADGAD on one guitar. I'll take it up after I get stink out of "The Fisherman" (in a few years).

Lavallee

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:41 pm

reiver wrote:
Lavallee wrote:

Marc

No......but thanks for the reminder. I should be.

r
Yes Stuart, I think you should, you asked for the song , if I remember correctly :laugh:

Marc

Lavallee

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:43 pm

Catman wrote:

David
David, that is a good idea, start with an easy one ;)

Marc

Lavallee

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:46 pm

AndyT wrote:
When I get my other guitar back I'm going to tune it Drop D and use it for those lessons. I play too much in standard tuning to be changing all the time. That's when I'll go after L & L.
Andy, I know it is a bit of pain to change the tuning. I am fortunate because I have a tuner on my guitar, so I do not have to pull out anything to change my tuning. I am sure that in about 10 years I will be able to do it by ear. That`ll be the day :)

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic