Collaboration video - "Stairway to Heaven" by AcousticAl and Neverfoundthetime

AcousticAl

Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:36 am

Hi TG,

I posted a work in progress of 'Stairway to Heaven' in the Target Student Reviews section, and got positive, constructive comments from the Target members (as is usual over there). What I wasn't expecting was a 'secret collaboration' to unfold!

Many of you know 'Neverfoundthetime' (Chris) from the forums--
Well he decided to sing along to my playing and record the result. He did an outstanding job, and I wanted to share it with all of TG.
Hope that's ok Matt & Neil-- if not, please delete.

This is the fun you're missing over in Target guys & gals!

RicksPick

Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:06 am

Fantastic Bravo

Well done guys

RicksPick

haoli25

Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:19 am

You guys are a HIT!! Great job by both of you. I really liked that. Bravo Chris and Al.

Bill Image

willem

Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:21 am

I respond in the target thread,,again it was a great collaboration and is a great aplause to Al's playing and of course Chris singin, he is a nature talent with a pleasant sound..

dekotaj

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:38 am

Darn guys,I cant tell you how cool that was!!

Al again love the playing.

Chris,were the hack do you find all the time sir.

Good job gentlemen and catch ya on the forum.

PS. The big thing now Chris I'm posting all my songs with out vocals.In the hope that you will sing them for me. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

wrench

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:42 am

Well, that just speaks for itself. GREAT job, guys!

Let's have a pizza.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:36 am

dekotaj wrote:
Darn guys,I cant tell you how cool that was!!
Al again love the playing.
Chris,were the hack do you find all the time sir.
Good job gentlemen and catch ya on the forum.

PS. The big thing now Chris I'm posting all my songs with out vocals.In the hope that you will sing them for me. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Thanks Kev, no kidding, it was a spontaneous sing along with Al as I listened to a second play through of Al... so it took about 5 minutes flat. What took longer was matching the audacity file up to Al's video in MovieMaker. I had it synced immediately and then foolishly decided to insert an opening credit.... big mistake, put everything out of sync and took 30 mins to correct it! Went out to coach at the squash club and left it on upload. Came home, bingo. Once you get the hang of recording, editing and uploading it can go really fast.

If you past a song I like and can sing to, I'll gladly add a vocal track, any time Kev!

jayswett

Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:01 pm

I'm nearly speechless. Well done, gentlemen. I loved the piece, love the concept, and hope many others do the same in the weeks/months to come. I wasn't aware that adding credits in moviemaker has the potential to put audio and video out of sync. That's good to know.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:10 pm

Thanks guys...

Kev, I just answered on the original thread.
Thanks Willem!
Thanks for Pizza Wrench!
Bill, love the candle!
Thanks Jay! The credits did bump the time line (maybe I made a mistake)major pain!
And that video of yours I saw on youtube.... did you post it on TG... did I miss it(or have I let the cat out of the bag)? It was beautifully done... who was your singer?

Good move on posting the tread here Al. I guess we TARGET members forget that we get to go anywhere on the site and have all this fun that non- TARGET members miss out on. All I can say is, if you like the site so far folks, join TARGET too, we are all having a blast!

BobR

Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:37 pm

That was excellent. Kudos to Al and Chris. GREAT JOB!!!!.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic