New Headophones Grado SR125

d_dog

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:21 am

Just picked up a new pair of headphones today, Grado SR125. Really fantastic cans man. Very comfortable, open air design. Excellent sound quality. Highly recommended. If you start looking you'll see that the new SR125"i"'s are slightly different than the non-i versions, they now have a full "on-ear" foam pad, unlike the older model SR125's (non-i) that I got that have a more around the ear foam pad. I much prefer the around the ear foam. See the SR225i's to see the type I have. http://www.gradolabs.com/frameset_main.htm

gchapel

Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:20 am

Nice.

I have a pair of Grado SR-60's that I have had and loved for years. The sound is so much better and they are so much more comfortable to use than the in-ear phones commonly used today.

BigBear

Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:51 am

Dog- you have excellent taste in headphones! I just bought some closed ear Sennheisers that are working fine for me but they are no where near the Grado's in quality. But they didn't cost as much either!

But with he closed ear design I don't have to listen to the wife's stupid TV shows! A real blessing for sure! LOL! :laugh:

sws626

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:39 pm

I'd read some very positive reviews of the Grado SR-125, but couldn't find any place locally to listen to them, so just recently went with the Sennheiser SD-650. For a long time, I'd been listening to music through a pair of really nice Shure ear buds; but my wife "borrowed" them for her iPod, so I needed to find an alternative. I'm not one of those who drools over turntables and vacuum amps so wasn't expecting to be blown away. But these are really amazing -- as I'm sure the Grado's are as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic