My Acoustic Al inspired Silent Guitar

AcousticAl

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:16 pm

So i got a couple of pm's basically telling me to 'grow a pair'. So I did.
And it's re-posted.

Cheers!

tovo

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:22 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
And it's re-posted.

Cheers!
And I'm glad you grew a pair. Not bad. Your accent is one of the better efforts I've heard from a North American. AND I laughed out loud...AND I can't believe you would worry I might be offended. I'd only be offended if offense was intended...and clearly it wasn't.

Of course if this starts a spate of really bad Aussie accent imitations...THEN we might have cause to be offended!! :laugh:

Actually...the best imitation of an Aussie accent I have heard is Matt. Not perfect but close!

Chasplaya

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:41 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
And it's re-posted.

Cheers!
Glad you reposted that has to be one of the cleverest and funniest posts of all time, and hey the accent was pretty darn good you aboot got it right...

michelew

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:42 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
dennisg wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:
Sober second thought-- I don't want to take a chance on offending someone. I will remove it.

No worries.
I don't get it, Al. There's nothing even remotely demeaning in your post. Why would you delete it?
Don't want to make a big deal about it..
There is the chance that someone could take offence at my poor attempt at an Australian accent. As Matt said in his forum guidelines- (paraphrasing)- what I find funny, others may not. If you have to think twice, then don't post it.
Al, I'm so sorry I caused you so much worry. I went to bed as soon as I'd posted it not realising that it would be misread. It made me laugh - actually - and it wasn't a bad attempt at imitate an Aussie accent... it's just that I'm still mopping up the blood from my ears and my face muscles are still recovering from the ' oh no is that what he thinks we sound like' clinch....

It fact I think that it was a fair come back for Tony's 'aboot'.

I've been told that I come across too serious in my emails before. It's the fact that you can't see the goofy expression I'm wearing.

I'm glad that you 'grew a couple'.

...note to self - must start using smiley faces and LOL and such again....

Michele

tovo

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:49 pm

I put a copy of Al's directly under my original post. Still laughing each time I watch it.

AcousticAl

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:03 pm

And all's well in the TG universe again..

Goodnight Tony..
Goodnight Al.

Goodnight Michele..
Goodnight Al.

Goodnight Silent Guitar..
I SAID GOODNIGHT SILENT GUITAR!!

Hmph. Rude of it not to answer.

willem

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:09 pm

I thought so,,that Tony laugh his heart out,,it was way to funny,,where are we when you could not laugh at that,,there must be humor,,thanks guy's

tovo

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:11 pm

Funny Al. Actually on a slightly serious note I was playing the silent guitar last night in the TV room with my Wife and kids watching the Olympics. I was able to sit and practice, be with my family and not disturb them one little bit. Had only 1 earbud in so I could still converse. It's so cool and that alone made it worth the cost. I'm a huge fan.

boatman1138

Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:15 pm

I have the Yamaha silent guitar as well. Its great, sound wise, and looks.Im blown away how it sounds just like a real accoustic.Plus you have reverb. Good luck with it you wont ever be dissapointed.

tovo

Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:21 pm

boatman1138 wrote:
I have the Yamaha silent guitar as well. Its great, sound wise, and looks.Im blown away how it sounds just like a real accoustic.Plus you have reverb. Good luck with it you wont ever be dissapointed.
Thanks Boatman yeah I'm very happy with it. Very clever concept and I think it will be a perfect travel guitar as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic