DADDAD

jayswett

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:17 pm

checking it out right now...

frybaby

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:38 pm

Another cool thing I discovered aboug DADDAD tuning, its a good way to practice pick holding technique. In another discussion about Neil perfering heavy pick, over light for strumming, and the difficulty that is encountered in trying to hold a heavy gage pick at just the right angle and fingure pressure to get it to sound balanced, I discovered I can strum away withe the above tuning, and not having to concentrate on new or difficult chord changes I can strum for long periods of time practicing my pick holding technique, make some decent music and not get board. Just strum and concentrate on my pick hold. I can log in lot of pick holding and struming hours and have fun.

MindAsh

Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:31 am

i stay in DADDAD pretty much all the time because due to a wrist injury that severed some nerves and tendons in my fret hand has made playing in standard very inefficient so i discovered dadad from a friend and also from being a fan of days of the new a band that comes on stage with 6-7 taylor guitars all tuned differently lol. but hell if anyones curious feel free to check out my music page, every song recorded here is recorded on the fly and almost strictly in daddad, the one exception is the song titled mystic which is a work in progress and the only song i do vocals for and a friend overlayed some drums to it using a computer program. well heres the link and i hope you take the time to check these out and enjoy

www.myspace.com/491962774

on a side note, the last 2 songs on the list are prob my most polished works , both still were created on the spot but time honored death has little to none of my usual rough spots to it. thanks again and enjoy

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:08 am

Hey George, great to hear your come-back story and too see your inventiveness in get around your frethand difficulties. Your stuff Sounds good to me. Hope you are having fun up there in Scranton ... I last passed through there about 33 years ago! Hope you join in with the site some more.
Chris in Switzerland

buddy

Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:21 pm

Frybaby,

I also really love the sound of this tuning. Below is a song I have been working on that uses this tuning. I really like the blend of the bass and melody that DADADD brings to the guitar.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic