Fingerpicking the "I'll have to say i'll love you in a song"

johnrfeeney

Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:54 pm

Is it me or can anyone relate: I am thrilled about this as a new target song and i'm okay with the working out of the song UNTIL i get to the solo

has anyone tried to do the fingerpicking for the solo

wish it was broken down piece by piece - don't know if i'll ever be able to figure it out :(

dekotaj

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:03 pm

Hey John,

Not yet.

Im at work and I cant bring up lessions here.I just thought it would be broke down piece by piece. :S

Lavallee

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi John, the way I handle this is to use either the PDF or the Guitar Pro file (this one is better as you hear what it should sound like) to memorize the notes. When I am good (or good enough to recognize a bit of the melody), I look at the video for the technique that Neil wants to show us. Learning finger picking notes from a video is very difficult and frustrating but this is why the tabs sheets are there.

Hope this helps

Marc

TGNeil

Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:52 am

Hi Guys,

I thought I put all this up. Did you check Part 9 Guitar Solo and the attached files labeled 'Solo'?

If that is not what you are looking for I am not understanding the question.

Neil

Lavallee

Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:18 am

Neil, The PDF file and GP5 file labelled solo in the lesson is what I meant. Memorizing the notes from the sheet you provide with the lessons and then learn the technique you are showing in the video. Sorry if it sounded different.

The solo video (as any other finger picking song)is well explained but better assimilated if you already remember the notes. This is how I work anyway, but it is probably different for other people

Marc

bigmac

Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:18 pm

If anyone is interested a great version of the combined parts played by Croce and Murry ?, his lead guitar player, is posted on You Tube at the following site:
It is similar to Neils version put I believe it is in a higher octave on parts of the the solo. I've been trying to figure out how this guy has played the combined parts of the song for some time. The guy in the video is a great guitar player. I think now with Neil's post I may gitter done. Tom

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic