Electric String Winders

hasben

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:07 am

jayswett wrote:
I must say that I am surpised by this thread. It's hard for me to imagine that an electronic gizmo to turn the tuning nobs more quickly would really be tremendously useful. I need to see this Taylor video that was mentioned.
Jay, I bought the Spin Doctor little plastic gizmo at Amazon. The shipping cost more than the doodad itself. All in all, around $6 US. It fit into the quick release I have on my cordless drill. Worked great! A couple of suggestions: Be sure to use a variable speed drill and go slow at first. If your drill has a torque adjustment, be sure to set it at the lowest setting. Otherwise, well worth the cost.

Chasplaya

Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:09 pm

To really save money place the tuning peg in a bench vice , attach a fan to the body of the guitar and switch on/stand back!!!

mcfingers

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:36 pm

Gee, I started this thread and then didn't bother to check back until just now. There has been some good info in the mean time.

Those of you that have the Ernie Ball winder, I have seen those, is the winder head removable from the electric handle? Or is the it all just one piece?

BTW the videos everyone is talking about can be found here.

http://www.taylorguitars.com/contact/customerservice/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic