Taylor Guitars factory tour

MarkM

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:26 pm

dennisg wrote:
Mark, I played a DN8 in the Taylor store, and thought of you. It sounds a lot better when you play it.

Steve, I've always wanted to go to a Taylor road show, but they don't seem to have one scheduled for Seattle.

I'm jealous as to all the guitars you had available to you there. I hear the best time to visit is in late November when all of that years road show demos come back for a big sale. I've been fortunate to have a few roadshows nearbye. I'm going to miss one at the end of the month with is only about 20 minutes away as I'll be in Austin TX. I'll catch it again in the Fall.

MarkM

jim56

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:30 pm

Thank you mister D, that was a fantastic post! I lived in San Diego from 1990-93, even passed through El Cajon. Had no idea about the Taylor store location, but guitar playing wasn't on my hobby list. I did home-brewing back then,lol. Nice B-day gift, you lucky guy. Always nice to know another Pisces! -Jim

dennisg

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:45 pm

MarkM wrote:
dennisg wrote:
Mark, I played a DN8 in the Taylor store, and thought of you. It sounds a lot better when you play it.

Steve, I've always wanted to go to a Taylor road show, but they don't seem to have one scheduled for Seattle.

I'm jealous as to all the guitars you had available to you there. I hear the best time to visit is in late November when all of that years road show demos come back for a big sale. I've been fortunate to have a few roadshows nearbye. I'm going to miss one at the end of the month with is only about 20 minutes away as I'll be in Austin TX. I'll catch it again in the Fall.

MarkM
Yeah, it's a lot of fun to move from a 914 to a baritone 8-string to a T3 electric to an 855 12-string to a DN8. Even the Baby Taylor was fun to play. Hell, all of them are a blast.

Jim, I'm guess that when you lived down there, Taylor was located in Lemon Grove and not El Cajon, not that it matters. The two towns are practically next door. By the way, it's good to be married to someone who has my happiness in mind. That's her sole criterion for giving me a gift. While the Taylor tour was one of the pricier gifts she's given me, she's been giving me thoughtful presents for 34 years.

BobR

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:42 pm

Dennis,

Thanks for the excellent guided tour. And I guess I missed you birthday. Happy Belated Birthday :woohoo: :woohoo:

Bob

ceaser67

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:58 pm

Hi BoB
just like to tell you that i am fully up and running the problem was with my computer a long and boring story really,but i have to say the guys at the tg support team done all they could at there side but it was MY laptop that was the problem,anyway thanks for you're help it was fully appreciated,i must say this site really does look the real deal i am so looking forward now to the next few months (at least}
Tommy (Glasgow Scotland)

RicksPick

Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:10 pm

Dennis

Happy Birthday

What a present

you are so lucky

the only tours here in England are

to disused coal mines :(

RicksPick

tovo

Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:20 pm

RicksPick wrote:
Dennis

RicksPick
Ah yes....and I need to reach for the wipes again to dry my keyboard.

RicksPick

Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:47 pm

Tony be careful water and electricity
Hope you don't burn those fingers or worse

Rick :P

dennisg

Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:51 pm

RicksPick wrote:
Dennis

Happy Birthday

What a present

you are so lucky

RicksPick
Yeah, that Stonehenge ... what a waste of time. Who really needs to see a bunch of rocks placed by a stone-age civilization that was around at the same time the pyramids were being built? Hey, maybe some British guitar company will tear down the Tower of London and build a guitar factory over the rubble. Finally, something useful and ennobling occupying that space!

All silliness aside, I totally agree with you. I am one lucky guy. And I never take my wife's amazing generosity for granted. You'll be seeing more of Jamie in upcoming videos.

haoli25

Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:56 pm

Great tour Dennis! Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic