Taylor Guitars factory tour

dennisg

Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:59 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Great tour Dennis! Image
Thanks, Bill. But I have to ask: does Buddy know you posted a picture of him?

jayswett

Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:46 pm

Two questions:
1) What is the admission fee for the tour?
2) On what songs are you working with Jamie? Looking forward to them. Your Angel from Montgomery video was wonderful.

One other comment. For those of us along the east coast, there is a Martin factory in eastern Pennsylvania somewhere, a fact I learned through this very forum.

tovo

Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:48 pm

dennisg wrote:
haoli25 wrote:
Great tour Dennis! Image
Thanks, Bill. But I have to ask: does Buddy know you posted a picture of him?
That's Buddy's mate. Buddy is the one who looks like a linebacker for the Green Bay Packers!

neverfoundthetime

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:16 pm

Nice tour Den! Merci!

mcfingers

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:36 pm

jayswett wrote:
Two questions:
1) What is the admission fee for the tour?
2) On what songs are you working with Jamie? Looking forward to them. Your Angel from Montgomery video was wonderful.

One other comment. For those of us along the east coast, there is a Martin factory in eastern Pennsylvania somewhere, a fact I learned through this very forum.
Jay, the tour is free. Of course it finishes up right in the Taylor store so it might not stay free for long. :laugh:
Steve

TGMatt

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:44 pm

Thx D...

What this site is really about, sharing ...

Thx mate

dekotaj

Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:13 am

TGMatt wrote:
Thx D...

What this site is really about, sharing ...

Thx mate
Thats a fact.Great pictures.I'm sorry it was to loud for the video.That would have also been great to watch.Looking forward to you and Jammie doing another song.

Kevin

dennisg

Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:47 am

Jay: Jamie and I have been working on a Sheryl Crow song called The Difficult Kind, a song we've both loved for many years. I think her experience with Angel From Montgomery gave her a taste for the spotlight. Jay, if Martin runs factory tours, they'll probably say so on their web site. I know Taylor mentions theirs.

Tony: How does an Aussie know anything about linebackers or Packers?

Matt: Thanks, mate. I wish I could have taken all my TG friends on the tour with me.

Steve: You're absolutely right ... they cleverly end the tour in the Taylor store, just when you're salivating to buy something with Taylor's name on it. Really, though, I think Taylor does a great job with their tour. It's not easy to schlep 20 people through a noisy and bustling factory and then explain to them in great detail how it all works. It's no secret that I'm a big fan of Taylor's, and part of the reason is that they take care of the details. There are so many little decisions they made about their guitars that I appreciate, and their thoughtfulness extends all the way to how they treat their employees and even how they run their tour.

Kevin: Thanks, I know Jamie's itching to do another one.

willem

Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:44 am

Dennis,thanks for sharing your gift,givin by your beautifull Jamie,,love the hear you both singin again..

ps i build ones a guitar out intrest,, i used triplex,, it was a nice yourney to do and after that it stops while a could'nt get proper woods(very expensive),,it soundend, but realy bad..

tom18

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:05 pm

Dennis,
Great thread; I enjoyed the virtual tour. Incidentally my wife and I are scuba divers and for years we've occasionally gone diving in a quarry in eastern Pennsylvania. When I decided to resume guitar playing a few years ago (after a brief 35 years off), I realized that the quarry we visit is only a few miles from the home of Martin guitars in Nazareth, PA. We've gone on their factory tour a couple of times since then and very much enjoyed them. They also have a museum featuring their instruments and history of the company, a shop that offers a variety of logo products and general guitar supplies and a special room where you can test drive a number of their guitars. They also give you a sound hole cut out as a souvenir of your visit. I also took a few pictures and would be happy to post them if there's interest.
Tom

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic