Looking for a new guitar - like I really need another one......

neverfoundthetime

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:17 pm

Chas, that vid was so Aussie! Not just the guitar.... even the song he played seem so Oz. Liked it.

Chasplaya

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:29 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Chas, that vid was so Aussie! Not just the guitar.... even the song he played seem so Oz. Liked it.
Schhhh don't tell Tony I actually like some Aussie stuff, urghhh wash my mouth out!! The Angel guitar is a very nice sounding GA and this dude does roadshows promoting Coles, he is a very accomplished player, shame he's an Aussie though.

MarkM

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:39 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
I can't ignore the opportunity to point out these cool guitars, The Cole Clark Angel

You can get them in lefty at

http://www.jerrysleftyguitars.com/left- ... itars.html

Chas,

Very cool video. I really liked that playing. That tuning looks familiar......
I read that these guitar tops are actually all one piece. Meaning that instead of the standard bracing we know on Martins, Taylors, etc, they actually carve grooves (for a lack of a better term) into the bottom side of the top. I read the article a few issues ago in Acoustic Guitar Magazine. Very neat they way they did it.

MarkM

Music Junkie

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:41 pm

Nice sounding guitar! Too bad they are not around to test drive here in SoCal.....

Chasplaya

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:13 pm

MarkM wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
I can't ignore the opportunity to point out these cool guitars, The Cole Clark Angel

Chas,

Very cool video. I really liked that playing. That tuning looks familiar......
I read that these guitar tops are actually all one piece. Meaning that instead of the standard bracing we know on Martins, Taylors, etc, they actually carve grooves (for a lack of a better term) into the bottom side of the top. I read the article a few issues ago in Acoustic Guitar Magazine. Very neat they way they did it.

MarkM
They carve out the top and back with a CNC router to create a 'diaphragm' they still brace but use an A brace design. The routed top is reminiscent of original method of making Violins. They also use the Spanish neck joint. In the bracing system they have which is unique and patented to Coles a facebrace system which is a series of piezos under the actual top bracing, you can actually phase between the bridge piezo and the top and balance out the tone. On the Angel ,(i haven't got an Angel just the FL1AC) the facebrace sound really comes into its own.

MJ I believe they have extended the dealership in the US now. Don't know about SoCal though (wherever SoCal is lol) (note to self check online Atlas..)

tovo

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:19 pm

Your secret is safe with me Chas. I think some of our country artists have done pretty well in Nashville, there's Keith Urban of course but also Kasey Chambers and a few others. Not really my style but I do like Kasey's sound.

Anyway back on subject. The Cole Clark is great value for money I think, all solid and quality tone woods. I just really, really don't like the look, particularly that distinctive neck. But each to their own. I won't argue that they sound really good.

dennisg

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:21 pm

SoCal = Southern California.

Let's keep in mind that not everyone in the forum is familiar with American abbreviations.

tovo

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:26 pm

dennisg wrote:
Wow really? I thought it was an artificial sweetener!

mcfingers

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:37 pm

tovo wrote:
dennisg wrote:
Wow really? I thought it was an artificial sweetener!
Artificial, yes.... sweet? To each his own.

I was born there so no nasty combacks. :P

Chasplaya

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:55 pm

dennisg wrote:

Let's keep in mind that not everyone in the forum is familiar with American abbreviations.
Thanks Dennis, I thought it might be just didn't want to come across a dense antipodean lol! It would be like me saying I come from Fdg in Man in NZ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic