Looking for a new guitar - like I really need another one......

tovo

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Mark great clips watched them through. Thanks for posting that and thanks Dennis also for some great info.

Music Junkie

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:52 am

dennisg wrote:
Make sure you check out McCabe's in Santa Monica.
Dennis:

I have been there before, and it is an absolute GEM of a guitar store. Their selection is phenomenal and they are great folks. Plus you never know what you are going to find there. I have it locked in my favorites in my GPS..... :laugh:

They had quite a few lefties last time I was there, but some were of makes I was not familiar with. Even some Canadian models............ :woohoo: Look out my Canadian friends........ :)

J

dennisg

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:07 am

Jason,

Just out of curiosity, did you ever check with Taylor to find out which lefty demo model they have in their Taylor store?

Max

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:19 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Hey all:

I am currently playing a Martin 000-15. This guitar is solid Mahogany and has a great mid-range.
Since you already have a very nice acoustic guitar, why not look into a nylon string, resonator, or electric guitar??? Or am I just adding more fuel to the fire.

Music Junkie

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:01 pm

dennisg wrote:
Jason,

Just out of curiosity, did you ever check with Taylor to find out which lefty demo model they have in their Taylor store?
Unfortunately no.....

I have the number written down on my to do list though, and hopefully will get to that today or tomorrow..... :)

Music Junkie

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:08 pm

Max wrote:
Music Junkie wrote:
Hey all:

I am currently playing a Martin 000-15. This guitar is solid Mahogany and has a great mid-range.
Since you already have a very nice acoustic guitar, why not look into a nylon string, resonator, or electric guitar??? Or am I just adding more fuel to the fire.
Oh Max...... :P

I currently own the following guitars:

1. Martin 000-15
2. Baby Taylor
3. Martin Backpacker
4. Fender Strat
5. Epiphone Les Paul Std.
6. Tom Anderson Hollow Cobra S

I am probably pretty good on electrics for now, and I am not really in the mood for a nylon string classical at this point (that time is probably coming though - B) ). Resonators are cool, but their application is a bit out of my wants and needs at this point. I am mostly interested in another acoustic, but one that will fit into the fingerpicking and strumming range and give me a bit better bottom and top end when compared to the Martin 000-15. I'll be honest and say that the Martin 000-15 sounds wonderful while strumming about in my living room, but when I am fingerpicking, it just does not have the volume and the bass notes come out a bit timid.

That being said, if my funds WERE a bit more unlimited, I would be in the market for one of everything...... B)

J

abiliog

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi,
If you try to play a Taylor 310 or 314CE, just let us know your feeling about it.
I dreaming with one of those lately. I need all the help I can get before I make a mistake. I will try one off course, but I' m open to suggestions.
Thanks and good luck,
Abílio

mcfingers

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:53 pm

abiliog wrote:
Hi,
If you try to play a Taylor 310 or 314CE, just let us know your feeling about it.
I dreaming with one of those lately. I need all the help I can get before I make a mistake. I will try one off course, but I' m open to suggestions.
Thanks and good luck,
Abílio
Hi Abilio, I just bought a Taylor 414ce about 2 months ago. It is a fantastic guitar. It is rated as one of Taylor's most popular models. It is only about $250 more than the 314ce which I also played when I was looking. Of course you should, in my opinion, always play a guitar before you invest so much money. I was drawn to and preferred the 414ce. To my ear it just had the sound I was looking for. Not that the 314ce was bad, I just liked the 414ce sound better. You may have a different thought, but that's my point. Always play before you pay.

Just my humble opinion, Good luck, Steve

Mark, Great videos. I watched them all. I am going to a Taylor Road Show in about 10 days. Can't wait.

Chasplaya

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:58 pm

I can't ignore the opportunity to point out these cool guitars, The Cole Clark Angel

You can get them in lefty at

http://www.jerrysleftyguitars.com/left- ... itars.html

mcfingers

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:09 pm

Sweet sounding guitars, not doubt.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic