uploading videos is this normal??

rapsidy

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:00 am

Hi TG

I just wanted to know how to upload videos from pc to youtube properly.

when I upload video for review etc... a 2 minute video takes an hour to upload onto youtube. Then it drives you mad that u wait the hour and an error message is displayed giving no indication what error was, so u try again :( :angry:

My question is when you take the footage of your video recorder onto the pc do you have to change the format or something to make it up load faster??

or is just how long it takes

thanks for your help
Brad

michelew

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:10 am

I'd love to help you on the formatting , but I use a mac and iMovie which does the proper formatting for me. However, sometimes You Tube gets jammed due to traffic so that may be contributing to your problems. The first video I ever uploaded took about an hour and a half - maybe more. Yesterday it uploaded in less than 10 minutes and then took another 15-20 (may be more) before the link I included in the thread was usable.

So I think part of the answer is that the time varies and can increase at busy times.

Good luck. I'm sure that one of the PC uses will help you out.

AndyT

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:18 am

If it takes that long then you have a bad connection to YouTube and you should cancel and retry.

If your video is in AVI format that will be fine for YouTube.

Lavallee

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:30 am

Brad, I just that issue. I uploaded a 2 minute video (90 MB) and it took all nigth to process it.In the upload window , I had a confirmation that it was completed, but in Youtube itself there was a a message just above the video wondow saying it was still processing with a text inside the video window saying that there was an error. I uploaded again and pasted the second in the thread I made and this morning (once it finally processed both)it gave me an error that it was duplicate so I had to post the first link I did. It is working now

Out of curiosity what is you video format and sount format?

Marc

AndyT

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:32 am

I just uploaded my 'Block Party' video and it took less than 5 minutes.

heyjoe

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:30 am

Hello

I've noticed different loading times and speeds on Youtube too.
When I load up videos, I use MPEG-II format, it can take anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour to load up, and then 30 minutes for youtube to process the video, but I'm happy to do that, knowing that I'm getting the level of video/audio quality I'm looking for.

If you're getting error messages, or are unhappy at the upload/processing speed, then I think it may be worth looking at converting your videos to a different format, which will condense the file size, increase the upload speed, but could decrease video quality.

Here are links to youtube sections which may help

http://www.youtube.com/t/yt_handbook_produce

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/b ... opic=16560

Joe

rapsidy

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:49 pm

Hey Joe

great links thanks will check them out.

sorry marc I;m not that savy on these things yet so cant answer your question, all i know is my video camera is a JVC hard drive disk eviero

Brad

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic