Help with 4 +20

frybaby

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:15 pm

In the Target Preview 4+20 there are some chord fingerings I am having trouble figuring out. As a not Target Member, would it be appropriate to ask for the finger position Neil is using when he is he changes fingering from the 1st and 2nd string to a fingering that involves what appears to be very much like a G shape using what appears be using the 6th or 5th string and perhaps others. I cant tell on the video. I thing the words to the part I am referring to is the part “He was tired of being bored and he wasn’t in to selling door to door….”

Regards
Frybaby

mark

Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:03 pm

it's 3rd fret on the 6th string and 3rd fret on the 3rd string. Everything else open.

Then move the same shape up to the 5th fret

jayswett

Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:31 pm

Happy to hear that you are learning that song. It's a great one.

frybaby

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Thank you Mark
P.S. Jayswett happy to be learning it, a great tune for sure, D modal tuning is just so cool. I come home stress out from work, pick up the guitar and just start strumming and it puts me in a great place.

frybaby

Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:50 am

Now that I am revisiting this post I realize it may have been better suited for the TEACHERS CORNOR forum, but since it wasn't moved, I shall resume.
Just wanted to say thanks again for the help I received on 4+20 from the above.
I have the chords down well enough to make the song flow without to many flubs. Since I only have access to the Target preview portion, all I was able to pick up regarding the fingerpicking pattern is that is "Travis style" with some pinching. I did some research on Travis picking and came up with a couple of variations, I am using the following:

II----2-----------2---------I--2-----------2-----------II
II---(------3-----------3---I-(------3-----------3-----II
II-*-----2-----------2------I-----2-----------2------*-II
II-*-----------0------------I-----------0------------*-II
II----0---------------------I--0-----------------------II
II--------------------------I--------------------------II

2 T 1 T 2 T 1 2 T 1 T 2 T 1
T T
Doesn't sound quite as good as Neil, but it works.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic