FINGER NAIL CARE

buddy

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:43 pm

What works for you to keep your nails in shape for finger picking. I notice that when I am doing a lot of finger picking it really shreds my nails. I see that some players use fake nails and others seem to have strong natural nails.

What are you doing and what works for you.

Bud

ceaser67

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:15 pm

HI Bud
I have the same problem be looking in on anyfeedback on this one

Tommy

Music Junkie

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:51 pm

Hey guys:

Lots of us have this problem. There is a book out there called "Pumping Nylon" that goes into some decent info on this (has pictures of recommended shaping for various types of nails). Also, I was informed that using a clear polish/conditioner would be helpful to create a shell-like coat. JUST MAKE SURE NOT TO BUY THE HIGH GLOSS!!!!!! Your dude frineds will give you a ration of crap that cannot believe! Not that I know from experience...... :huh:

I really hope I don't ever get to a point where I am getting fake nails..... :woohoo:

I am still shaking my head over the fact tha I am manicuring my nails! If you would have told me that I would do that someday, I would have thought your were nuts! It IS certainly much easier to play with good nails though.

J

coomba

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:41 pm

G'day Buddy
I'm a metal worker, nothing works for me, at the end of a days work I happy just to have my fingers anticked.
I just fingerpick with what I've got, and tend to use a pick more.
No help I know,just saying your not alone.
Cheers
Scott

Chasplaya

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:08 pm

buddy wrote:
What works for you to keep your nails in shape for finger picking. I notice that when I am doing a lot of finger picking it really shreds my nails. I see that some players use fake nails and others seem to have strong natural nails.

What are you doing and what works for you.

Bud
Hey Bud

Check out this site, plus if you type nails or nail care in the search function you'll get quite a few hits onthe site

www.guitarsite.com/nails.htm

buddy

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:13 pm

Chas,

Thanks for pointing me to that site, it has some great tips on it.(pun intended)

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic