Indicating fingering notation using GP6?

tom18

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:14 pm

Hi folks,
I just purchased GP6 and am at the steep end of the learning curve. I'm trying to input a score so that I can print it out again with both the score and tablature. Does anyone know how to indicate right hand fingering notation using GP6 (p,i,m,a) above a score that you've entered? Similarly is it possible to indicate left hand finger numbers (1,2,3,4) on notes? Many thanks,
Tom

mark

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:57 pm

About half way down the left hand column there are two symbols that look like a left and right hand (they are next to tap slap and pop)
Click on either of these and it brings up a small box with a picture of the hand in it.
If you now highlight a note you can then press the finger that you want.

It puts the details inside the standard notation - its quite hard to see

mark

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:22 pm

I just realised that if you turn off standard notation, it puts the fingering above and below the tab

tom18

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:24 pm

Hi Mark,
Thanks. I had seen those icons and attempted to get them to work without success. After reading your post I went and tried again and it does work. The size and placement of the letters (p,i,m,a) is tiny and confuses the score. I'm disappointed that they don't print above the note the way it is usually done.
Tom

AndyT

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:32 pm

On mine, it places the PIMA notation above the score but its very small and hard to see.

tom18

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:05 pm

mark wrote:
I just realized that if you turn off standard notation, it puts the fingering above and below the tab
Mark,
I tried that but it removes the score and leaves just the tablature although the fingering notation is printed above it as you had said.

Andy,
Just out of curiosity are you running GP6 or an earlier version? I'm wondering if there are differences in the way it works between different releases.

Thanks all,
Tom

AndyT

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:32 pm

I'm using the latest GP 6

tom18

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:50 am

Hi All,
I just found that you can change your preferences in GP6 to print right hand fingering notation (p,i,m,a) above the notes where it's easier to read it. Open the score that you're working on and then select File Stylesheet... (or press F7 on the PC). In the Stylesheet panel select the notation tab then look at the panel on the left titled 'Right-Hand Fingering.' Select 'Above' in the drop down list next to the label 'position in staff,' then click OK. That should do it. Regards,
Tom

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic