Help me Custom Build my dream guitar

nightraid

Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:55 pm

Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum and new to customizing guitars.
From the bits of research I've done, I've decided on building a custom Tele. Ideally, I want this guitar to be wired similar to Tom Morello's "Arm the Homeless" or "Soul Power" guitars (I think that these are Strat bodies, but I'm more interested in a Tele at this point).
My build is a bit interesting though, I'd like to install 2 Seymour Duncans (an SH-1 PAF at the bridge and an SH-5 at the neck). I want separate volume knobs and tone knobs for each pickup and I want to be able to choose (with the switch near the volume and tone knobs, the 3 way pickup switcher) between just neck, both N and B, and just bridge. I'd also like to wire in a kill switch where the other standard Tele pickup switch could be (near the top cutaway). Lastly, I'd like a tremolo bridge.
So now I'm trying to decide on how to custom order it from Warmoth and I need your help. Most of the options on their Custom Body Building page include some of these options but only for certain models. I also haven't quite decided on if I want an F-hole or not, but I'm leaning towards not getting it.
Thanks a ton!
Nightraid