My Taylor buying experience.....:)

Music Junkie

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:44 pm

First off, I have to throw props out to Billy Gill at Taylor. Anyone who lives in California or Hawaii would deal with this great dude for any necessary help. I just bought my first Taylor this afternoon. We thought that it was going to be here by Friday for me to pick up, but there was a mistake made. Being a lefty, that has happened to me before. The guitar that we thought was ready to go was a righty instead and now I will have to wait til the 10th of May (still a very short wait - in comparison to other guitars I have had to order). Instead of having the salesman from the store call me to let me know, Billy called me personally and gave me the news. I emailed a few times back and forth with him while trying to decide, and all emails were responded to very quickly, and with a great sense of humor. I am so damn excited about getting this new guitar, that I feel like a kid in a candy store. Thanks to all of you that responded to my questions about acoustics and the wood types. I appreciate the input and I feel that I have made a wise decision. I played a few righties upside down and fell in love with the tone. Can't wait to get the new piece of art home.....

So thanks Billy, and to all my TG friends who helped me out!

Jason

tovo

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:49 pm

Hey MJ, congratulations mate. Wow, an 814 for your 1st Taylor...that's not messing about! The wait will be difficult but the guitar will be for a lifetime so in the big scheme the wait doesn't matter. That's a seriously beautiful guitar, great choice and look forward to seeing you play it.

michelew

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:05 pm

How exciting!! I'm so envious. Good for you MJ!

Music Junkie

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:12 pm

Thanks guys. I know it's a lot of guitar, but I paid my dues with my Jasmine (Takamine's low end) and my Martin 000-15. Technically this is my second Taylor as I own a Baby Taylor that I take backpacking with me. The pressure is on for real now, cause I can't blame my lack of skills on the guitar anymore.....lol

haoli25

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Damn, MJ, I really hate to hear this news. That 814 is such a great guitar and sounds soooo good, it is very hard to ever put it down. We sure are going to miss you around the Forum. :) Try to stop in every few months or so just to say Hello. :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, congratulations Jason, you deserve it! Happy playing.

Bill

Lavallee

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:35 pm

Jason, it is exciting that the Taylor will be in your hands soon. It is great that you are getting goood support, and they are not hiding. Can't wait to hear it

Marc

mcfingers

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:56 pm

Suwheet! I have to second you with your high praise for Billy. He was the Taylor rep that hosted the Road Show I attended last month and he along with the session guitarist were Awesome. Congrats on the new, Uber-sweet Taylor.

Steve

goldleaf

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:56 pm

MJ, awesome choice. I'm a little behind times, could you fill me in on the Taylor you ordered and did you go directly through the factory? What type of wood did you choose. I'm anxious to hear the details. Gary

MarkM

Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:30 pm

MJ,

MMMMMMMMMMMMM an 814. Nice guitar. I know you'll love it!! Congratulations!! I'm sure Dennis and Big Bear will be along shortly. I can't wait to hear it.

MarkM

jim56

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:57 am

Hey Jason, congrats on your new addition to your collection. I had to go to the Taylor web page to see an 814. Sure is a beautiful guitar with an eyeopening value. My local guitar shop is having a Taylor sale this Friday. Think I'll play hooky and have a look for the 814. We'll want to see you audition your new guitar :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic