My Taylor buying experience.....:)

Craig

Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:18 pm

Congratulations Jason! Very cool. I did the tour recently and now Taylor guitars is pretty much all I think about! I look at the catalog each night before bed and have "Taylor Dreams"!
I look forward to seeing/hearing the new addition to your family on a video post soon!
Craig

Chasplaya

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:32 am

Congrats on your latest GAS attack mate. Whats really neat is the service you received when they possibly didn't need to. Thats the mark of a company that cares about its customers. , good marketing value look how much they've got for free here on TG, hard to buy that kind of advert.

Look forward to hearing it mate.

cheers

Chas

PS I'll stay loyal to Mr Tak and Mr Cole for the time being though

AcousticAl

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:32 am

Congrats, MJ! Looking forward to your first upload with it.. it's been a while!

Music Junkie

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:58 am

d_dog: That's cool that you took the tour. The models that you mentioned are sweet looking guitars as well. I was really trying to pick up both the top end and bottom end to offset the great mid-range I get out of my mahogany Martin. The GA fit the bill pretty good.... B)

Craig: Glad you got to take the tour. I still plan on getting down to that, but looks like it will be a little longer. I am hoping sometime this summer now. My local wood store is going to have a series of guitar building workshops later this year, and I would like to be able to take the tour prior to that to get a little feel for the process. I am really looking forward to building my own.... B)

Chas: I would love to see a Cole Clark somewhere around here some time to check it out. I have heard good things about them from others as well. I also looked at Santa Cruz Guitars, but this deal kind of happened at the perfect time for me and this guitar was very high on my list.

Al: Thanks! Yes it has been a long time. Hell, only once anyway.... :P I have been working so much on learning as many songs as possible, that I have yet to perfect any of them. I can play several songs all the way through now, but just not as well as I would like. I know I need to stay on one long enough to get better, but I am trying to get various strum patterns down along with getting better at bass runs (they still give me a bit of a hard time). I do have a couple of songs that would probably not embarrass me too much though, so who knows.... :unsure:

Jason

neverfoundthetime

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:07 am

Hey Jason, thanks for sharing this story. That's the kind of service you want, eh? I love it when people love the work and are proud of what they produce and are humble and thoughtful towards customers. Sounds like Taylor have all that covered! Keep us up-to-date and get that first video in asap!

johnrfeeney

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:34 am

what great news! congrats

i too recently purchased a brand new Taylor - a 816ce and it has a tremendous sound - i think i would like to have the action lowers a little bit but the action from the factory is still better than that of most Martins out of the factory

one day i may trade up to some of the custom Taylor's but that will be in the fuuuuuture

Music Junkie

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:45 am

Chris: I am certainly appreciative of the service so far. By all accounts, it seems most folks are please with them, so no big surprise there. I really enjoy the bigger volume on the fingerpicking songs than my 000-15 Martin supplies. Although the Martin sounds good, it just does not project the bass line and highs quite as much. Can't wait to give it a go.... :)

John: The 816ce is a nice model as well. I agree with you about some of the customs. Oh man were they nice.... B). I am going to have to let the dust settle around the house for a while, or buy my wife something really big for one of them to be on the table.... :silly:

Jason

wrench

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:29 pm

Congratulations Jason. Don't worry, May 10 will be here in about 18 agonizing, gut wrenching, hand wringing, long, never-ending days.

I'm curious. Did you ever try to play right handed, and what made you realize it wasn't going to work?

Dan

Music Junkie

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:25 pm

wrench wrote:
Congratulations Jason. Don't worry, May 10 will be here in about 18 agonizing, gut wrenching, hand wringing, long, never-ending days.

I'm curious. Did you ever try to play right handed, and what made you realize it wasn't going to work?

Dan
Dan:

Thanks for the pep talk there dude..... ;)

Well, I received a guitar from my wife's mom, that used to belong to here grandma. I tried to play it right handed, but my right hand has absolutely NO rhythm. Plus, with the world being so right hand oriented, I have gotten used to working gadgets with my right hand. So....... It is much easier to strum with my left, as it does have some rhythm, and much easier to finger with my right, as it is fairly used to manipulating things (computer mouse, video game controllers as a kid, etc.). So, I just decided to try out a lefty guitar and it just felt RIGHT. I have been a lefty all my life, so no surprise there.

J

Catman

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Major congrats on your new guitar, Jason.

David

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic