Guitar Pro 6- Initial Impressions?

Lavallee

Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:57 pm

webtvdan wrote:
Hi Chefrusso,

Followed your advice including CCleaner – no improvement. Hadn’t done a clean install in awhile. Contacted Tech Support after crash – curious to see if they respond.

Is anyone aware of a Windows version of TabToolkit ?

Thanks,
Dan
Hi Dan, I know you tried many things but have you tried to installed GP 6 on another PC where there was no GP5 installed?

Marc

AndyT

Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:06 pm

I'm having a hard time understanding why you can't seem to get your GP6 to work.
I can offer to help you out if you like. I would log into your machine and look for the problem. PM me for details if you are interested.

webtvdan

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:43 am

Thanks mmmbldo,

TuxGuitar works great and solved my problem of playing GP5 files.

Still no response from GuitarPro tech support.
:dry:

Chasplaya

Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:52 pm

I've followed this thread with some interest and I think it is more likely an issue with your set-up as opposed to a G Pro issue. Would be interested to see you let Andy have a look.

webtvdan

Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:06 pm

TuxGuitar solved my immediate problem. Hopefully a future GP6 update will fix my GP5 issues. Doubt I’m the only one with this problem, suspect that is what’s keeping their tech support busy.

You guys seem real friendly and all, but need my computer for business. Not comfortable with letting someone onto my computer that most likely poke around in my registry.

Thanks for the offer. B)

AndyT

Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:36 pm

webtvdan wrote:
You guys seem real friendly and all, but need my computer for business. Not comfortable with letting someone onto my computer that most likely poke around in my registry.
Thanks for the offer. B) [/b]
I understand completely. I had a computer business for 24 years and I know how important it is to have your computer running smoothly.

Fortunately, I now get to play for a living and don't have to worry about it so much.

cavi

Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:55 am

I was content with GP%, truthfully I didnt use it too much but it seemed to work fine, about a month after I bought it I had to upgrade to GP6, problem was the upgrade did not work and it ended up charging full price again, and tough luck trying to get reimbursed.
Next problem it always wants to update itself, initially I did not want to download all the sounds as I do not need them, but eventually i got tierd of fighting the darn prompt and downloaded them, and they still do not work and it still asks to update every time I start it. I know it is probalby an easy fix, but I do not really need the sounds and have no real desire to waste my time trying fix the issue, as I would rather be playing is I am devoting my free time to guitar related issues. Seriously, if I have 15 minutes free time between patients, should I practice guitar or Fu## with GP6? What would you rather do?

Hydroman52

Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:12 pm

cavi wrote:
if I have 15 minutes free time between patients, should I practice guitar or Fu## with GP6? What would you rather do?
cavi,

Excellent point. I vote - play the guitar. Screwing around with software can be a real time-suck with no satisfactory end in sight. Even for the tech savy. Others may think you are going back to rubbing two sticks together to make a fire, but, if it works for you . . . . I've spent a great deal of my life waiting for computers to reboot (I kept plenty of reading material handy to pass the time - now it's guitar playing). At some point, I will be good enough at playing the guitar where my time will be better spent on things other than actual practice. Eventually, I plan to attempt the new software (already own a copy of GP6), but right now is not that time. Thanks for your post.

Hydroman52

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:48 pm

Spending a little bit of time to get the gremlins sorted in Guitar Pro will pay dividends in the long run. I must be fortunate I've never really struck any issues with Guitar pro and I've had it since ver 2. You can switch the auto upload thing off just can't recall how at the moment , I thin in the drop down menus under preferences the option is in that.

AndyT

Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:50 pm

Or start the RSE download as you are leaving to go somewhere. When you get back it will be ready.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic