Guitar Pro 6- Initial Impressions?

Lavallee

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:48 am

thereshopeyet, I was quoting Chas on a sound settings from a different thread that I thought he did comment on , but I misunderstood what he meant.

Marc

thereshopeyet

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:57 am

Thanks

Chasplaya

Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:37 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Ah

My misunderstanding too Marc :blush: .... but both are valid points then eh?

One of the features that would encourage me to purchase GP6 would be if they made available the abilty to print scores.

At the moment.... I don't use GP5 enough really to consider GP6.... and Neils lessons are very good without it.

Sorry about jumping in... in the middle

Cheers

TheresHopeYet
Again It may be misunderstanding , but GPro does print scores , all versions to date had the capability to convert the file to PDF then print them. GPro 6 is no exception you print them in the same manner, convert to PDF then print. I'm pretty certain this is what Neil does for his PDF's attached to lessons

thereshopeyet

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:41 pm

Thanks

Chasplaya

Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:25 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Hello Chas.... thanks for the enlightenment... ah ha...or ha ha moment :)

Print as PDF's.....So it does.. :blush: :blush: :blush:

I found the conversion as Export to PDF is available on GP5 File Menu.

It's a pity GP6 files don't work in GP5 .... that is... a pity for GP5 users.

So Chas in your opinion.... Do you think the upgrade to GP6 to be worthwhile?

Or would you have just stuck with GP5?
I guess it will become worthwhile as more and more people use it. GPro usually come up with capability to save as prior versions but never straight away. Still early days, I have only played tabs and haven't written anything in GP6 yet, thats where the proof will be for me anyway. The sidebar menus look more user friendly so far, I also understand that musically they have improved. BUt thats only of greatest use if you are deep into Standard notation. I've used every version since GP3, I had a pirated version of GP2 for a short time but went to ver 3 pretty soon. I have found with all GPro version you really need to do regular updates to begin with as they sort out bugs and provide fixes though. But the new GP updater looks better than before. ONe way which might be a pain is to export to Midi or ASCII and then import the MIdi/ASCII file to GP5, never tried that but it might work as an interim workaround.

thereshopeyet

Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:46 pm

Thanks

beaker

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:48 am

I've been using GPro for a long time now and I like the new changes in GP6. I think the interface is a little more user friendly than the previous versions, although I am still getting used to all of the changes right now. I like the fact that you can use virtual effects pedals and amps in shaping your tone rather than only having preset tones like you had before.

webtvdan

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:26 am

New to GuitarPro and not impressed.

GP5 files crash GP6. GuitarPro support takes about a week to respond.

A little research found other guitar forums with users having the same problem

Support recommended a “clean install” - no improvement.

Should include GP5 with GP6 until the compatibility issues are resolved. I’ve discovered most existing files are GP5.

Wouldn’t recommend a GuitarPro purchase at this time.

Lavallee

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi Dan, I had the same problem about a month ago. At that they had told me to update in a week and the problem would be fixed. Seems to be resolved at my end where I can open any GP5 files in GP6 without a single crash since. Look in the menus to locate (I am away from home and cannot see the software now) the update command.

Marc

Chasplaya

Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:27 am

Hi Dan, Not unusual with GPro, it always seems like they release to soon but usually fix things pretty quick. You may need to launch the Updater found under the Help menu button. Mine runs fairly good now and is quite stable playing all versions I have of GPro. There have been a couple of major updates since it was released, its currently at ver 6.0.5 r8217 (6/25/2010) Note last update was only 5 days ago

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic