Taylor Guitar Factory Tour Video

d_dog

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:03 pm

Here is a video I put together from our recent tour of the Taylor Guitar Factory in El Cajon CA. I was fortunate enough to get to meet with TARGET member Craig at the Factory and go on the tour together. This was an exceptional tour, I now have the Taylor bug for sure. BTW, my avatar is a picture of what was on the bathroom door at the factory, the women's bathroom had the same thing.
Hope you enjoy.

dennisg

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:32 pm

Damian,

Absolutely fabulous video. It made me wish I could go on the tour again just to see all those beautiful guitars come together. You did a great job putting this together and narrating. Thanks so much.

Before I went on the tour, part of me wanted to believe that these things are assembled by passionate elves who live and breathe guitar playing. But as you discover on the tour, it's a factory -- a combination of machinery, software-controlled robots, and humans all working together to make guitars just about as good as they can be made in as efficient a manner as possible.

The older I get, the more I find myself drawn to companies that make excellent products, that treat their employees humanely, and that resolve the inevitable "issues" in such a manner that you become an even bigger fan of the company after they've fixed a problem for you. I'm sad to say that very few companies do this any more. But I'm thrilled that there are still companies like Taylor who make any guitar purchase a safe one.

TGMatt

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:43 pm

this is bloody brilliant, and although I do not yet own a Taylor..I think this has tipped me, (that and Bear and Dennis's ongoing pledges of allegiance)

Thx for doing that , just great stuff

Cheers

Music Junkie

Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Damian:

You might have filmed my guitar in there somewhere..... :lol:

I thought I saw a couple of lefties here and there. Looks and sounds like you had a great time. I am looking forward to my turn....... B)

To bad you could not have picked up your Koa guitar at the end of the tour..... :)

Jason

willem

Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:51 pm

Damain,,thanks for saving me a flying...lol

I know for sure you at there a goodtime...I do not own a Taylor,,,last time i was shoping my eye,fingers and ears felt on a Martin...

haoli25

Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:59 pm

Great job Damian and Craig. That was a very interesting tour.

Oh, and Damian, I think I have a gig lined up for you narrating nature programs for Public Television. :)

Bill

d_dog

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:41 pm

In this television program do I get to say "Crikey"?

thereshopeyet

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:43 pm

Thanks

haoli25

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:45 pm

Only on the segments that feature the Great Barrier Reef. :laugh:

Bill

Craig

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:51 pm

Great job on the video Damian!
The tour was fantastic. Prior to the tour, I never realized how little I knew about building a guitar! After the tour, it's easy to understand why Taylors are such high quality guitars and the sound is so consistant. Equally fantastic was the opportunity to meet fellow TGer, Damian. A great person to meet and go through the tour with. I live about 15 minutes from the factory but had never been, although it has been on my list of things to do for a long time! I think I subconsciously knew what would happen...and sure enough it has...I constantly think about buying a Taylor guitar! :laugh:
It was through Dennis' thread after his tour that the meeting between Damian and myself was arranged, so Thank You Dennis!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic