Goldie Oldies vs. Youngi Fungi

AcousticAl

Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:31 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
That was a good suggestion Matt. Unfortunately Coral will only be growing in the USA in future:

Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

Maybe I can get someone in the US to read in Moody Blues, Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel, Cat Stevens, Gordon Lightfoot, Dan Fogelberg, R.E.M., Coldplay ... and let me know what Pandora suggests. ;-)

That is too bad-- same for Canada. I wanted to give it a spin.

dennisg

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:56 am

If you want to hear new music, but aren't quite ready to jump in with both feet, listen to Radio Paradise (RadioParadise.com). It's a terrific internet radio station, commercial-free, that plays a great mix of old and new material. I've bought dozens of CDs from new groups I first heard there.

And whenever I travel, I record a 4-hour stream of Radio Paradise, then put it on my iPod.

willem

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:35 am

I try to listen,,clicked on windowsmediaplayer and did'nt hear anything...

wiley

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:36 am

Interesting,

Strange,

Complex!

Bear, great points, however...

Walt, we too have had our moments, yet.......

My Mother (now 80) will never consider a digital phone much less a laptop, yet my Mother-in-Law (now 76) is on FaceBook, MySpace, and Twitters and text as much as the 13 year olds I'm around.

hasben

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:44 am

dennisg wrote:
If you want to hear new music, but aren't quite ready to jump in with both feet, listen to Radio Paradise (RadioParadise.com). It's a terrific internet radio station, commercial-free, that plays a great mix of old and new material. I've bought dozens of CDs from new groups I first heard there.

And whenever I travel, I record a 4-hour stream of Radio Paradise, then put it on my iPod.
Dennis turned me on to this stations several months ago and I highly recommend it for all music lovers, which I think covers just about everybody here. Try it, you'll like most of it.

Music Junkie

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:49 am

dennisg wrote:

Dennis:

Great site. I have listened to them before, along with Pandora. There are also very good blogs out there that will open your eyes to some great music. Mega Super Mammoth comes to mind. They have an A-Z listing of various blogs with descriptions of what type of music is represented at each blog. Find a type of music you like, and check out the blog. Sometimes you will stumble upon some amazing music that is not so mainstream, but good none the less. With the internet these days, it has opened up the door to music that you may not have ever been exposed to before. That and the word of mouth from friends made around the world.... B)

J

BigBear

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:43 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
That was a good suggestion Matt. Unfortunately Coral will only be growing in the USA in future:

Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

Maybe I can get someone in the US to read in Moody Blues, Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel, Cat Stevens, Gordon Lightfoot, Dan Fogelberg, R.E.M., Coldplay ... and let me know what Pandora suggests. ;-)

Chris- that sucks! I am a big Pandora fan. :(

Slacker is a good site too but I haven't been on their site in a few months.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:21 pm

Radio Paradise is a good suggestion... they were playing Tuesday Afternoon by the Moody Blues when I logged in... what can I say! ;-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic