Baby steps before open mic night (calling all New Englanders??)

MarkM

Tue May 04, 2010 4:02 pm

Well now that I got my work done I should be mowing the lawn before dinner. Hmmmmmm I think I'll do some procrastinating and type this up instead.

Well spring is here and summer will soon be upon us. Great time for BBQ's fun and music. I got to thinking about taking that next step (although I am far away) in getting to that open mic night. For those of us who are chicken or just not ready yet (I fall into both catagories) wouldn't it be great if somehow us TGers were able to get together and if nothing else be able to play for each other. I'm not volunteering nor am I volunteering anyone else. However it would be great to find a way to get together over the next 6 months or so. Being able to play infront of people we trust and maybe learn from would be fun. It would also give those of us a chance that don't normally play with other people that opportunity. It's one thing playing a song by yourself but when you add others it changes the dymanic quite a bit. I was wondering if anyone was thinking the same thing. I guess it would have to be a regional thing for obvious reasons. Just thowing a random thought out there.

MarkM

RicksPick

Tue May 04, 2010 4:16 pm

Very interesting idea Mark

But I don't think it has to be local,
There is the dreaded UStream/UScream
I guess it;s free to broadcast yourself?
If each person with web cam did that then with a few windows open it may be theoretical to have a jam etc.

RicksPick

RicksPick

Tue May 04, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi again

Instructions from Ustream

Creating a Show

You’ll need a computer, internet connection, microphone, and a webcam or video camera. Our system will auto-detect your camera type.
To start a new show:
* Click "Your Shows”
* Type the name of your show into the "Create New Show" box and click "Create."
Once the information is entered, click "Broadcast Now" to start broadcasting. A broadcast window will appear and request permission to detect your webcam or camera. Select “allow.” Click "Start Broadcasting" and you're on!

RicksPick

sws626

Tue May 04, 2010 4:29 pm

Mark,

I'd love to find a way to play together with other TG members, either face-to-face or over the web.

Regards,
Stuart

izzyhara

Tue May 04, 2010 4:59 pm

I am just itching to meet some of you guys. How much fun would it be to get together and play and sing? With Neil and Matt there, of course. Logistics is a bit of a problem tho, huh? I always have in the back of my mind a vacation planned around something TG. So I am just waiting for an event where at least a few of us could get together.

tovo

Tue May 04, 2010 5:42 pm

I'll have my man fire up the private jet and be there in two shakes of a lamb's tail.

In the next life maybe!

sws626

Tue May 04, 2010 5:55 pm

I recall there was some talk a while back about trying to organize a get together in the SF Bay Area. Probably not convenient for most of us, unless Tony can loan out his jet. But a good feature on the forum might be something where we could register our travel plans so we would know when we're in each others' neighbo(u)rhoods.

leclercjm1

Tue May 04, 2010 5:58 pm

Hi Mark!
Although I'm a new member and I don't play as well as most of the oldest TG members, I think it would be fun to organize a get together, something like a Totally Guitar fest, meet Neil and the TG team. If I can get on the plane to play golf in Florida, I could the same for TG. What a great vacation it would be!
Ciao
jm

BobR

Tue May 04, 2010 7:02 pm

Hi Mark,

Great idea. I've been thinking about the same thing for a while myself. I thought it would be great to meet some TG'ers and play in person sometime. I'd be up for something in the New England Area. Let's see how it goes.

Bob

Music Junkie

Tue May 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Mark:

If you organized a mass camping trip with some REAL campfire songs (and a wiffle ball tourney), count me in...... B)

On a serious note, I am always on look out for where fellow TGer's are, and thinking of prospects to meet some of them if the opportunity presents itself. Was supposed to meet up with a local TGer here early this year, but he fell of the map far as I can tell. I have not heard from Paul in quite some time now. Bummed..... :(

What a great time it would be to have a big fest sometime. October in Denver????? The World Mircrobrew Festival???? My wife and I have been trying to make it to that for some time now.... :)

Jason

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic