Repaired Guitar

tovo

Tue May 04, 2010 10:08 pm

Man that sucks big time. Why do we lose such good people? I will never know.

I'm sure that guitar will hold a special place for you Smips. All I can say is I'm sorry, he sounds like quite a guy.

Chasplaya

Wed May 05, 2010 1:40 am

Hey Smips just read the news article, I am saddened to hear of your loss. My wife and I both work for the NZ Police; my wife is a Police Officer and I a Training Manager and it is always tragic when a Law Enforcement Officer is killed in the line of duty. You have my heartfelt condolences.

'Joey' will always hold a special place for you now in remembrance of one of the good guys in life.

Chas and Jill

izzyhara

Wed May 05, 2010 8:03 am

Sorry about your friend. How nice that you could funnel your grief into creation. That had to be very therapeutic. I am impressed with your skills. Thanks for sharing this story. Izzy

dennisg

Wed May 05, 2010 8:08 am

I have someone I always want to remember, too, and I found an unusual way to do it: I had a custom truss-rod cover made. See this site for info and pictures: www.nicholsinlay.com

Music Junkie

Wed May 05, 2010 9:12 am

smips:

Thanks for the additional info on the guitar. Your work looks wonderful. Having something to concentrate on in a time like this can be very productive. So sorry about your friend...Words don't help much at times like these, but I hope you have family and friends around as well. Take care and play well....

J

d_dog

Wed May 05, 2010 5:00 pm

smips this is a great post, great job on the repair and I'm deeply saddened by your loss.

dieguy

Wed May 05, 2010 6:04 pm

Wow smips that is unbelievable. I heard about this story a few days ago and I just couldn't believe it. We all like to think that these things couldn't happen in our own neighborhoods or to people we know and love. I know this story had an impact on me because it happened about 15 miles from my house. Now it has even more of an impact since I know a little more about this victim. It sounds like he was a special individual. Hang in there Smips and if there is anything I can do, since I am so close, please don't hesitate to ask.

neverfoundthetime

Wed May 05, 2010 6:23 pm

My deepest condolence on your terrible loss Smips. What a wonderful way to deal with a terrible event. Now you have something you can have and hold on to in a very positive way. That's the best you could possibly make of that awful event. Thanks for sharing, you have obviously been deeply moved.

sws626

Wed May 05, 2010 6:26 pm

Hello Smips,

I was saddened to read the article about your friend, but also moved that you chose to share it with us.

The guitar work looks great. That's definitely a noble cause to rescue a guitar and you've done a terrific job with it. Really an inspiring effort.

Regards,
Stuart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic