GP6 update

jim56

Sat May 08, 2010 10:41 am

Tom,

Fortunately I save my files to an external drive on my network. I have a WD external 1.5GB My Book drive that all my PCs have access to for storage. All my GP files are stored there.

AndyT

Sat May 08, 2010 1:05 pm

Did you save the files or did you just download them?
If you just downloaded them without saving, then check your 'RECENT FILES' folder. They should be in there. You have to specify to search 'hidden files and folders', and also 'include sub directories' in your search or you won't find it.

Lavallee

Sat May 08, 2010 1:10 pm

Tom I just received earlier this week a reply from Guitar Pro from a question I asked regarding GP5 and GP6 files. It is not the answer you are looking for but it migth be related , if not, it migth still be useful. I am pasting my question and their answer. It took 5 days to get the answer.

Marc

05/02/10 19:08,
You wrote: I changed PC and bought GP6, but I want to keep GP5. it is downloaded and functional but I cannot register it on GP site because when I select register from GP 5, I get the " page not found" on your site.

The reason I want guitar pro 5 still is because I cannot open a file " mother goose" in GP6 but it opens in GP 5. (file is attached) . I have MacAfee antivirus.

Marc Lavallee

You attached the file(s): mother_goose[1].gp5
05/07/10 14:41,
We wrote Hello!

Next week's update will have fixed the problem of opening older files with GP6. Please run the Updater regularly.

To update your copy of Guitar Pro 5, you need to log into the Customer Area on our Support page with your GP5 User ID '2. Customer Area - Log in to access the services reserved for registered customers'):
http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=support

You will then be able to download the latest available GP5 update.

Musically Yours,
Romain, Customers' Department
Guitar Pro.

tom18

Fri May 21, 2010 11:07 am

Hi All,
I finally got a reply from Arobas Music regarding my lost Guitar Pro files. Here's our exchange:
lost files

05/07/10 19:32,
You wrote: I started GP6 today and was alerted that it needed to be updated. I allowed the updates and they installed uneventfully, however I now I can't find the GP6 files that I'd created prior to the install. Does the installer delete files from the directory that GP6 is installed in? Is there a better way to store GP6 files than in the directory with the program. My OS is MS Windows Vista 64 bit.
Tom

05/21/10 17:05,
We wrote Hello!

Sorry for the late response. Have you recovered your files? You should never store documents in the Program Files, for that is the best way to lose them. You should create a GP folder somewhere on the your hard drive, in your Documents for instance.

It looks like I made a mistake of leaving the files in the GP folder, and their software updater did delete them. Needless to say, I store my files in a separate place now. Just passing this experience on to anyone else that's a new Guitar Pro user so that you don't have to go through this.
Tom

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic