GP Question

BigBear

Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:23 pm

Help! Does anyone know how to turn off the standard notation in GP6 so that only the tablature and chords are visible (and printable)?

Also, will GP generate chords for a downloaded score en masse or do I need to individually assign each chord (pretty labor intensive!)?

Can scales only be printed from GP? The program has a nice scale generator but I can't figure out how to print them out.

Thanks to all you power users who understand this software far better than I do!! :cheer:

Chasplaya

Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:37 pm

Your first question is easy press F6 and a menu box comes up with options, alternatively click on the actual track you are on ie the menu track at the foot of the page and the box also appears.
I'll get back to you on the other queries.

Chasplaya

Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:41 pm

Scales can't be printed directly onto tablature , but what works is if you select a scale from the options using Tools>Scales and displaying the Fretboard you can then easily transpose the scale from there by clicking on the notes on the fretboard.

Last question which was your second question (gotta keep you on your toes) not sure what you are after entirely...

Chasplaya

Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:49 pm

Ok the last question which was your second question I think I know what you mean....

Anyway from a blank score (how i checked this) open up the chord generator tab on the left, you will see a box with a cross in it, click on that which opens up the familiar chord tool. Now select or design your chord, ( I guess you know that much) select your chord by clicking ok inthe chord box, your chord will now appear in the tab to your left, now place your cursor where you wish the chord to be and then click the chord diagram in the tab to your left , therefore everytime you wish to add achord place your cursor where you want it and click on the respective diagram on the left. Every chord in your score is retained in the left hand tab so you don't have to define it every time. Is that clear ( as mud lol)

Maybe a short video demo is in order...

BigBear

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:11 pm

Thanks Chas, that helps a lot. I'll give it a go and get back to you!! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic