TOVO - Only 19 (A walk in the Light Green) - An Australian tune

MarkM

Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:34 am

Tony,

Great to see you again. That was just great. You played and sang that like you've been doing it all your life. Great job!!!! I was hanging on every word listening to the story of the song. I completely enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

suziko

Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:42 am

Wow, Tony, I REALLY liked that! I'm pretty sure that's the first song since Hallelujah that you've finger picked, and I forgot how much I like to hear your picking style. Your arpeggios in this song were really beautiful and steady and a lovely accompaniment to such a sad song. And your voice, as always, is perfect.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:00 am

Good on ya Tony! An excellent story telling performance, well played and perfectly sung. Nice to have you back on video! Congrats!

TGMatt

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:38 am

Great up Tony..it deserves to be in the student channel by the way so others can see it and be exposed to the genius of redgum and your great rendition..

Can't wait till you do Don's other hit "i've been to Bali too" ..

THx Tony

Catman

Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:14 pm

That was fantastic. Thanks!

buddy

Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:46 pm

Tony,

Thanks for posting that up, it was very wonderfully done and I always enjoy a song with a story.

Bud

RicksPick

Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:39 pm

Hi Tony
Another great tune you have introduced us to
Sweet performance too

Nice hat dude

RicksPick

tovo

Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:18 pm

Well, having had a whine about the problems associated with different time zones, I must say it's a real lift to log in this morning and see such generous comments from the usual suspects. I am of the strong opinion that if someone takes the time to comment, I am going to take the time to reply, so with that in mind:

Thanks Stu (Does anyone you know get away with calling you Stu?)- I really like the uploads that introduce me to new songs, so glad you liked this.

Marc - I have really enjoyed your intricate numbers and your dedication and hard work is always inspiring to me. I'm so glad you like this one.

Dennis - Again (bit of a pattern here) I SO look forward to each of your songs because I know it will be something either completely new to me or one I have all but forgotten. I'm looking forward to your next one that's for sure. Thanks for your constant encouragement.

Pete - thanks mate. I agree there's a real message in the tune, it's a subtle one and I like that.

Wammer - Thank you Tammy. When are we going to hear your wonderful playing and singing again? (Soon I hope)

Mark - Glad you enjoyed the story. It's a bit long, exacerbated by me playing it much slower than the original. Glad you hung in there!

Suzi - Thanks for those very generous comments, you are a terrifically supportive friend to me and I appreciate it so much.

Chris - Thanks for the comment mate. Really enjoyed your last one. How is the Elton John one coming along?

Matt - Thanks. 'I've been to Bali' eh?...mmm probably not!

Catman - Thanks for taking the time to comment, much appreciated

Bud - Cheers. I agree with you, I like songs that have a story and send a message.

Rick - thanks mate, glad you liked it and glad I could introduce you to a new tune.

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:53 pm

Mate what can i say, such a heartfelt rendition, great story telling singing voice. Definitely a dinky die Aussie accent in this one , what galah thought you sounded American, let us know and i'll give em a gobful they must have kangaroos loose in the top paddock

Music Junkie

Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:06 pm

Tony:

Well done friend. You sang that with great feeling, and I think you did a bang up job on making it your own (even though I have never heard the original - just going off your feeling and tone).

Thanks for taking the time to share that one with us.... B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic