New to Acoustic

beatlesboy

Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:03 pm

Hey everyone, Im new here, and I havent played guitar in since I was in grade 3. Im getting back into it, and I was just wondering if there were any tips and such for beginners, I dont know many chords, or any guitar phrases and things like that. Im not sure if this is the right board to be posting this on, either. Any help/tips appreciated.

Thanks

Luke

AndyT

Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:09 pm

Luke,
your best bet is to join Target and do the beginner lessons and the Acoustic Genius series. That will set your fundamentals.

millponddave

Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:13 pm

Welcome, you have come to the right place! weather you are on the free side or join the TARGET program you will learn so much and be among folks that will be encourging and helpful.

Dave

beatlesboy

Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:26 pm

Wow, I wasnt expecting answers so quickly. Thanks, Ill check target out :)

AndyT

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:17 pm

You won't always get an answer so fast. It depends on time zone, what day of the week and other stuff.

BigBear

Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:20 am

Luke- I'd echo the other posters here. If you are really serious about learning the guitar the TARGET program is the best value in guitar learning anywhere. A single half-hour lesson from a private teacher costs more than a month in the TARGET program.

Plus, it looks like you are a Beatle's fan as is Neil, our instructor. There is a ton of Beatles stuff in the TARGET program in all different styles and ability levels. You'll be playing their tunes very quickly.

I hope you join us and best wishes on your musical journey!

Happy Playin!! :cheer:

willem

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:26 am

welcome from the Netherlands..i don't wanna echo the other's but they are right,,and we have many Beatles songs there,,what are my gOals for this year,,its great to be here..wish you much pleaser on your new born yourney,you never get lost becouse many of us show you the way to the north,east,south or west(for me the best wind i ever had..)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic