Accessory Gadgets

AndyT

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:21 am

Many of us have little accessory things that we use all the time. Lets share some of them to help everyone out.

I have a hand exerciser that is made of a ballistic gel. It has the Nike swoosh on it so I guess they sell them. But I got mine at a Sports Authority store. It was about $2 and well worth the money. It has enabled me to increase not only my hand strength but I use it to do light exercise for rehab type work when my hand is sore from playing too much.

willem

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:46 am

Can share anything,,but still surching to the ball from Dan,(wrench),,and maybe i buy the gripmaster..

haoli25

Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:07 am

I actually like the "VARIGRIP" by Planet Waves. Unlike a ball, it allows you to vary the tension of the exercise on each finger. In my case, it was great for strengthening a weak 'pinkie'. It was also good for improving dexterity on the fingers on my right hand.

Bill

AndyT

Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:22 am

Looking at the picture I posted above, you can see that it has a distinctive shape along with a slot for fingers.
By turning it different directions, you get different levels of resistance for each finger. And you can use just the edges for extra light resistance. Its a very versatile little gadget. I was surprised how much thought went into the thing. It does what the gripmaster does in one simple thing that should never break down or malfunction! That is great engineering in my book.

Maybe I'll make a short vid of how I use it.

willem

Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:17 am

haoli25 wrote:
I actually like the "VARIGRIP" by Planet Waves. Unlike a ball, it allows you to vary the tension of the exercise on each finger. In my case, it was great for strengthening a weak 'pinkie'. It was also good for improving dexterity on the fingers on my right hand.

Bill
Hi Billy,,just ordered the vario/gripmaster, the red one,,find one here in a climb store(we climb mills..lol),,i find the Dan's ball very clever to devolop the side way of the fingers,,so i keep surching and maybe i walk against a gel gadget,,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic