I'd kinda like to see that!

tovo

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:32 pm

I was thinking (which is in itself quite extraordinary) about a show that ran in my country a few years ago which had the most unlikely artists doing the most unlikely tunes. I could give examples but they involve Australian artists that few would have heard of. So I thought I would start my own list of suggestions and ask you all to help me.

So under the heading of "I'd kinda like to see that":

I'd like to see Bob Dylan doing a cover of the Brittany Spears number "Hit me baby one more time".

Any other ideas?

TGMatt

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:38 pm

In the same vain I would like to see Neil play and cover Tom petyy

beaker

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:52 pm

Seeing Dylan playing a Brittany song sounds like the worst thing imaginable. And I pray it never happens.

tovo

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:57 pm

beaker wrote:
Seeing Dylan playing a Brittany song sounds like the worst thing imaginable. And I pray it never happens.
You might be surprised Beaker. I'm sure he could turn it into something worthwhile.

Craig

Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:17 pm

Neil Young doing Madonna's, "Crazy For You"...I'd like to see that...I think...maybe

tom18

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:24 am

tovo wrote:
I was thinking (which is in itself quite extraordinary) about a show that ran in my country a few years ago which had the most unlikely artists doing the most unlikely tunes. I could give examples but they involve Australian artists that few would have heard of. So I thought I would start my own list of suggestions and ask you all to help me.

So under the heading of "I'd kinda like to see that":

I'd like to see Bob Dylan doing a cover of the Brittany Spears number "Hit me baby one more time".

Any other ideas?
Tony,
Don't know whether Bob would ever tackle that but he did release a pretty surrealistic version of "Here Comes Santa Claus" recently. I don't think you can rule out anything where Bob Dylan is concerned.
Tom

Lavallee

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:06 am

Metallica playing More than Words

Marc

dennisg

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:57 am

I'd like to see Donnie and Marie Osmond sing "Why don't we do it in the road." That would be fun on so many levels.

Or Mel Gibson sing "The Hanukah song."

But really, number one on my list would be William Shatner singing "Whole lotta love."

Lavallee

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:32 am

dennisg wrote:
I'd like to see Donnie and Marie Osmond sing "Why don't we do it in the road." That would be fun on so many levels.

Or Mel Gibson sing "The Hanukah song."

But really, number one on my list would be William Shatner singing "Whole lotta love."
Captain Kirk? :laugh:

frybaby

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:22 am

I would pay to see Andrea Bocelli doing John Lennon cover " Why Don't We Do It In The Road, and Sam the Sham's Wooly Bully

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic